Is this new?

TIgreen01

I've noticed them too. I want to say I also saw one for the Marshall game earlier. I like them, but honestly I think they could do better. If no one knows the eagle means UNT and we're talking about football, then the ad is pointless.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

I've noticed them too. I want to say I also saw one for the Marshall game earlier. I like them, but honestly I think they could do better. If no one knows the eagle means UNT and we're talking about football, then the ad is pointless.

I don't think this is a risk.  SOW is a big part of our brand and, if they don't know it by now, they will soon enough.  

I think the folks that this is targeted at know what it's talking about.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

It's like if we don't have North Texas on the helmets they won't know who we are.....

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, kj86 said:

I don't think this is a risk.  SOW is a big part of our brand and, if they don't know it by now, they will soon enough.  

I think the folks that this is targeted at know what it's talking about.

Fair point. And I do love the SOW. I have a big flag hanging near my desk at work that proudly shows off the SOW. I hope it gets nationally recognized soon.

26 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

If no one knows the eagle means UNT and we're talking about football, then the ad is pointless.

These are targeted ads.  They won't be shown to you unless you have used keyword searches that google thinks identifies you as a viable buyer.  

In other words if you see these you have probably typed something like "Mean Green" and/or "north texas football" into google before.

13 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

These are targeted ads.  They won't be shown to you unless you have used keyword searches that google thinks identifies you as a viable buyer.  

In other words if you see these you have probably typed something like "Mean Green" and/or "north texas football" into google before.

Was just about to write this. It's no different than googling travel and then seeing travel adds all over Facebook or other sites. Google takes into account everything you search when displaying ads.

• Harry locked this topic

Actually to expand on what was mentioned.  As a guy who makes a living getting my clients' sites to follow your asses around till kingdom come.... I think that we aren't just targeting on a keyword level (people who type in North Texas etc...) but would think we are going after the lowest hanging fruit with "remarketing".  That would mean that probably only those that have been to MeanGreenSports in the last few days/weeks (maybe UNT.edu too...and hopefully) would see the ads.  

They have similar campaigns on Facebook.  Same banners but in different format sizes.  I had to call them out in that they were showing the a banner for the Marshall game the Tuesday after the game had concluded and Marshall was misspelled.  They said they are using a vendor so I guess that is on someone else but I really wish that they could keep it in-house with even the most basic knowledge of internet marketing they could have someone in the AD doing this work.