MGB: UNT lands top JC QB

Brett Vito

Three Questions

1. How much eligibility will he have left?

2. Could he push Fine for the starting job in 2018?

3. With his height and speed could they be thinking conversion to WR?

With his injury and Fine's solid play so far I don't see him pushing Fine for the starting spot until 2018.  And I don't think you make a scholarship offer to transfer with limited eligibility when you rebuilding and changing offensive philosophy from the last staff.  

Edited by Mike Jackson

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Three Questions

With his injury and Fine's solid play so far I don't see him pushing Fine for the starting spot until next year.  And I don't think you make an offer to transfer with limited eligibility when you rebuilding and changing offensive philosophy from the last staff.  

Guarantees you ability to redshirt QB from Texarkana High, and have a solid backup for fine. This staff will leave zero stone unturned. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Three Questions

With his injury and Fine's solid play so far I don't see him pushing Fine for the starting spot until 2018.  And I don't think you make a scholarship offer to transfer with limited eligibility when you rebuilding and changing offensive philosophy from the last staff.  

1) He's a 3 for 3 mid-term transfer

2) Possibly, but he definitely brings much needed depth to upgrade the position

3) No

This staff is extremely thorough in their evaluation process, and I'd be certain they offered a scholarship because they believe that Isadore can help them.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Do we go after another Qb? I don't think so! Sweet congrats to all! GmgGMG

QB is a position you CANNOT have too many of. I will have no problem if Littrell keeps recruiting QBs as they are a position that you can move around to other positions(remember that Brad Kassell was one of the best LB to ever play for UNT and he was a QB in high school). 

12 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Three Questions

No position is guaranteed on Seth Littrell's roster. He has proven that with Fine taking over as a true freshman when everyone thought(me included) that Alec would be the starter this year. If Isadore, Pearson, or anyone else is better than Fine then they will play.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Am I missing something? 

#3 ranked dual threat qb? Just started his second season before tearing ACL. Bigger schools while likely not come sniffing around after that.

Solid depth add. Next year O'Hara will need some competition (with the hope/expectation that Pearson sticks and is redshirted).

Happy that we landed another QB, but '"top"?  We were the only school to offer...with SFA and Louisiana merely sniffing around?

Come on, dude.  Nice that we landed a QB.  But, he's far from a "top" prospect. 

4 minutes ago, Stan R said:

The article says he wants to go to Baylor, not that Baylor offered him.  Big difference. 

I want a Ferrari, but no dealership has stepped forward to offer one to me yet. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

The article says he wants to go to Baylor, not that Baylor offered him.  Big difference. 

I want a Ferrari, but no dealership has stepped forward to offer one to me yet. 

I fully understand that.  The article does mention that he would be a good choice for Baylor however.  I'm only pointing out some interest from their recruiting site, regardless of how the team feels about him relative to their needs at QB. : 

A signing of Isadore would be ideal for the Bears who are set to lose Russell following the season and only return Smith who is currently a true freshman. A one-time Baylor pledge for the 2017 class, Kellen Mond (IMG Academy) is now committed to Texas A&M.

Isadore, who was awarded as a top performer at a TCU camp in June and invited back for a second camp later in the summer, hasn't heard from Baylor at this time, but it won't take much more than a phone call to get him on campus.

17 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Do we go after another Qb? I don't think so! Sweet congrats to all! GmgGMG

14 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Three Questions

3 yrs.. Love dual qbs great athletes that can also play DB or Reciever.. May the best man win!!

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

#3 ranked dual threat qb? Just started his second season before tearing ACL. Bigger schools while likely not come sniffing around after that.

Solid depth add. Next year O'Hara will need some competition (with the hope/expectation that Pearson sticks and is redshirted).

I just wish other CUSA-type schools shared your sentiment.

Just to state the obvious, not necessarily for you: this is not the #3 ranked dual threat QB in the country.  This list is specific to JUCOs.

Edited by greenminer