DRC: UNT moving forward with facilities plan, aims for indoor venue

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, Brett Vito said:

DRC: School considering converting one of the fields at the Dickey practice facility, but could consider other options for venue

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20161012-unt-request-signals-desire-to-build-including-indoor-practice-facility.ece

Wow what a difference a year makes! A few weeks ago people complained about the consultant report being made public! It would hurt recruiting! It was made public because solutions were already in place! Wren will get it done! GMG 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenMachine said:

You know one thing that all IPF need? Stripper poles!! Lots and lots of stripper poles.

Here is the stripper pole from the IPF at UT!

200w.gif#76

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

So, this indoor practice facility vs a baseball stadium question has me thinking...I know that's a problem right there!

But, since there has been that issue of continued operational funds for baseball and the possible need to add one or two women's sports to add baseball, I wonder if the thinking is now along the lints of....well, an indoor multi-purpose facility could really help football move to a much more competitive position, thus brining in new season and individual ticket sales, more concession sales, more Mean Green Club memberships and more donors and funds overall to help all sports... male and female.  Then, bring our other two revenue sports to very competitive positions and revenue stream would increase to level to be able to sustain baseball long term and see that it can compete at the highest levels.  Stadium funding for baseball is not really the challenge.  It is sustainability of the program,

So, could this strategy be just what we need to be able to add baseball and do it right when we do?

Just wondering...thoughts?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

So, this indoor practice facility vs a baseball stadium question has me thinking...I know that's a problem right there!

But, since there has been that issue of continued operational funds for baseball and the possible need to add one or two women's sports to add baseball, I wonder if the thinking is now along the lints of....well, an indoor multi-purpose facility could really help football move to a much more competitive position, thus brining in new season and individual ticket sales, more concession sales, more Mean Green Club memberships and more donors and finatuond overall to help all sports... male and female.  Then, bring our other two revenue sports to very competitive positions and revenue stream would increase to level to be able to sustain baseball long term and see that it can compete at the highest levels.  Stadium funding for baseball is not really the challenge.  It is sustainability of the program,

So, could this strategy be just what we need to be able to add baseball and do it right when we do?

Just wondering...thoughts?

I believe that is the best way to go about it. Get football and other sports in order first, then expand into other sports. 

• Upvote 1