Early Army game roll call

GreenTexan13

If you go to my post "Army game" I put out some more information about  gameday...I live here and worked at the Point....I will post some more things about Saturday..... the fall foliage is going to be spectacular....think it will be almost 90%....visiting teams sit in section 2,3 and 4. in the end zone...get there early to watch the parade if you can at 9.00am . It is only 30 to 40 minutes long...I will post some other info in the" Army game" thread....its also Band day,Parents weekend and Hall of Fame day.... Someone said the NT tailgate is at Soldier Field{ softball field} Hope to see you there....if you haven't been to Michie Stadium in the fall you are in for a surprise....it should be on everyone's bucket list....lets just hope our linebackers and db's can stop the Black Knights rushing game....see you in a few days.... Go Mean Green....

• Upvote 1

UNT Lifer...that is a good question...but the problem is North Texas is only going get  about 8 or 9 offensive possessions if we can't stop their offense....Army has a pretty good DL,outstanding linebackers but DB's can be beaten...Db's are good in run support but just avg in pass routes.... Army historically doesn't have a lot of quickness in those positions.... Does NT  get separation from its wr's.... I think NT could score at least 2 or 3 td's....the million dollar question is will Army have 44 plus points.....it comes down to how disciplined is the North Texas defense...you guys have seen them play.. I only got to see NT play 2 times..what happens when you play the Navies,the Air Forces and Army the wishbone just wears you down... when you are on defense  you stack  the middle ... Center,Right Guard and LG....so they fake the dive to the fullback and counter that..go off the tackle,option out to the wing,etc....their option attack is all done with reads...Army has no great halfbacks...they all graduated....they have decent backs but their fullback is a monster...their best player Kemper was kicked off the team before the year started..honor code violation .... used his cell phone to cheat on a June test...when Kemper was kicked off many of us thought..well another year of losing football....Monken the coach threw his ass off...because Kemper would still be playing.. Monken is loved by the corp because he is a no nonsense coach....

You are right that we don't have a single stud halfback, but we have a lot of good guys who rotate in regularly.  They stay fresh.  Five halfbacks with the most carries each avg more than 7 ypc and as a group they average 93 ypg. 

Kemper wasn't the best player on the team, he was just presumed to be a starter because he played a lot in 2015.  A couple of former LBs were moved over in spring ball, and Kemper didn't come out of spring ball listed as starter.  One of those former LBs is starting FB - only played one series against Lafayette, hasn't practiced yet this week as far as I know, may be out Saturday.  Backup FB played only a little against Duke, was out for Lafayette, not sure if he's back or not.  3rd string FB (the other former LB) rushed for 100+ against Lafayette.  

Regardless of who is at FB, the key is the OL.  If they do their jobs, the TO will work.  If they don't/can't (like @ Duke), then it won't.

Best WR has been out since Buffalo (part of why we lost), but he might be back Saturday.

Oh, and Kemper is off the team because he's gone from the academy due to the honor violation.  Not because Monken kicked him off.

Edited by BeatNavy