Grade the Littrell Hie V4 (Midseason)

Cerebus

AT THIS MOMENT: What grade do you give the Littrell hire.   

151 members have voted

1. 1. AT THIS MOMENT: What grade do you give the Littrell hire.

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

It's time to do the fourth of these polls.  

Please remember:

• Yes, it's early, too early to give a real grade.  This is a snapshot of how the fanbase feels about Littrell AT THIS TIME.
  • Results are anonymous (except to mods).
  • There will be a follow up after the season.
  • There is no D, get over it, have a real opinion.
  • There will be graphs and trendlines at a later date. 

First Poll:

YNoz5fI.gif

Second Poll:

i9Dcsjb.gif

Third Poll:

BzPbEV9.png

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

It's time to do the fourth of these polls.  

Please remember:

• Yes, it's early, too early to give a real grade.  This is a snapshot of how the fanbase feels about Littrell AT THIS TIME.
  • Results are anonymous (except to mods).
  • There will be a follow up after the season.
  • There is no D, get over it, have a real opinion.
  • There will be graphs and trendlines at a later date. 

First Poll:

YNoz5fI.gif

Second Poll:

i9Dcsjb.gif

Third Poll:

BzPbEV9.png

Momentum is fleeting! Now is the time to get some recruits to commit while we have a little MoJo! A-. Keep Ekler!!

From B+ to A-. Get six wins or have a great recruiting class and it's an A. Do both and it's an A+ and he'd probably have to beat up my mother to drop down.

EDIT: I would be REALLY interested if someone giving a grade below B- would include their reasoning. I know you might be opening yourself up to hate mail, but it won't be coming from me. I'm just really curious.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 1

First Poll: DNV (Did Not Vote)
Second Poll: DNV
Third Poll DNV
Fourth Poll: A-

Seth is doing lots of good with a roster that many coaches will struggle with to be where we are. I'd still like to see improved recruiting and a win against a school with a .500 or better record.

I stuck with B. I'm not surprised at the 3-3 record. I thought we'd beat Rice, but lose to Marshall but beat smug. So from s record standpoint, I can't solidify an A at this point because we're where I thought we would be. I have to see a recruiting cycle unfold. I can tell you this much, this staff is a little better than the previous at selecting JUCO guys that come in and be productive immediately. That's very promising. But this last class can't be completely shouldered by this staff. Too much work and too little time last February. I'm interested to see how this January and February plays out. It will be telling. If we get 10+ 3* that stick this will be an A+ staff going into year 2. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think I remember voting A- or B+ in the other polls but I just voted A+.  I don't see how he could have done any better with the hand dealt to him.  The offense is inconsistent and has issues but is still better than I thought it would be.  Defense has been getting better each week and was outstanding this past week.  There's positive vibes everywhere.  I don't see where you could ask for anything more.  I'm not worried so much until NSD as we see the final haul.  

• Upvote 2

The poll states, ratings at this moment; so what happens from here on should not be a concern.

Littrell inherited a program about as down as possible.  It is amazing to me what he has accomplished thus far.  It is as not so much the 3 wins as it is the trajectory he appears to have the team on.   They really are improving every week. 

My only criticism was his recruiting.  NT didn't win many battles and the excuse of lack of time is only partially valid.  He actually had more time than most first year coaches who did much better recruiting per the rankings.   Having said that, it looks like the unheralded high school class though low in numbers is going to much better than the rankings.  The staff really got some good freshman players starting of course with Fine, but several others like Hamilton and Wilson who could also turn into multiple year stars.   Makes me really look forward to the future.

Thus far, this has to be an A performance.  

• Upvote 1

Ok...he has to recruit for a 1-11 team. No quarterback to lean on. The whole team is tanked....And people don't want to give SL a 'A'....only true homers would of expected this team to be where they are now....Hell..my worry is he'll leave before we get there. NT football is finally fun again as long as you don't expect to much.. . Just ride the train and let's see where it goes!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I gave a b+(i think)...  i predicted 3 wins for the season.  This has been fun so far.  I am judging this season on the recruiting class.   The wins this season make recruiting easier.  If we have an average to above average cusa class, i will give an a.  

9 minutes ago, SHOSS said:

I gave a b+(i think)...  i predicted 3 wins for the season.  This has been fun so far.  I am judging this season on the recruiting class.   The wins this season make recruiting easier.  If we have an average to above average cusa class, i will give an a.  

This. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I moved him up to an A- and that most likely will not change due to wins/losses from now till the end of the season.  I have seen enough to know he can coach.  Now I want to see if he can recruit.  Pulling Mason Fine out of 3A Oklahoma along with some contributing jucos gives me hope.  StilI, I want to see a top half of conference recruiting class for his grade to remain unchanged. Top quarter and I will move him to an A+.   Bottom half and he goes straight to C.  

• Upvote 1