Anyone up for group tickets? Homecoming,UTSA and UTEP

JesseMartin

Hey guys!  Since I'll actually be in Texas, I've been checking to see who else wants in.  Including a Talon who hasn't been back in almost a decade, I'm bringing at least 11 to Homecoming as of now and hope to grow the total.  We're just going to chill in the end zone with cheap seats and have fun.  If anybody else is down or has friends up for cheap seats, message me.  It's only 10 bucks with the group discount, so it's easy to get the "eh, I'm not that into it" crowd to come.

Also, there are a couple of options for the UTEP game, and I already have a group of both UTEP and UNT friends that want to sit together.  Tickets go on sale November 1st, so we have time to figure out what we want to do.  The seats I'm looking at are NOT in the visitor section, since it's a mixed group, but if you wanna hang out with us, let me know and I'll see what kinds of packages are available!

And...for UTSA...right now it's just me and my girlfriend, and the only thing I've found is a Groupon for $18 for General Admission, but if anybody wants to go in on a group rate, I'm open to that.  We're not up for anything fancy, just wanna chill and hang out and watch the game, so any seats are cool with us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, sgmthompson said:

Hey Dude,

I am with you on both games.

Thaddeous Thompson's Father here.

Thaddeous Grandmother and two Aunts live i El Paso, so we will be at that game.  Let me know how I can fit in to what youy are doing.

Also, we live in Cibolo Texas, which is a suburb of San Antonio, we will be at that game suffice it to say,

I was thinking about having a BBQ that day either at my house or at the Alamo dome.

Thoughts???

Congrats on Thaddeous's success this year.  Clearly this offense fits him so much better than last year.  Hoping he continues to play well.  He is one of the only receivers having any success when the DBs try to get physical and play press coverage.  Good stuff!!

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, sgmthompson said:

Hey Dude,

Thaddeous Grandmother and two Aunts live i El Paso, so we will be at that game.  Let me know how I can fit in to what youy are doing.

Also, we live in Cibolo Texas, which is a suburb of San Antonio, we will be at that game suffice it to say,

I was thinking about having a BBQ that day either at my house or at the Alamo dome.

Thoughts???

Yes, and invitations must follow lol

1 hour ago, sgmthompson said:

Hey Dude,

Thoughts???

Just sent you a message!

Turns out group rate for UTSA is only for over 20 people...so unless a bunch more chime in, we may as well just get our tickets when we get there if GA is indeed cheaper than the visitor section.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:47 PM, sgmthompson said:

Hey Dude,

Thoughts???

I'd down for a BBQ  -- Is anyone going to the alumni event at Sunset Station? I'll be there, too. 

On 10/10/2016 at 8:08 PM, GMG24 said:

Yes, and invitations must follow lol

Ok,

I guess I need to make it official

Thank you,

Always appreciate it when UNT fans see the effort.

He knows as a Senior, he must make the younger players better, so UNT prospers when he is gone.

Thanks Man,

I wish I could have seen the rant, I dont think the station I was watching was looking at any halftime stuff.

I spoke to him after the game and he was very disappointed, he felt that they were not that good (disagree with him on that, 2nd ranked defense in the country), he felt that should have kept throwing him the ball, even after the double coverage was put on him.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sgmthompson said:

Ok,

I guess I need to make it official

Thank you,

Always appreciate it when UNT fans see the effort.

He knows as a Senior, he must make the younger players better, so UNT prospers when he is gone.

Thanks Man,

I wish I could have seen the rant, I dont think the station I was watching was looking at any halftime stuff.

I spoke to him after the game and he was very disappointed, he felt that they were not that good (disagree with him on that, 2nd ranked defense in the country), he felt that should have kept throwing him the ball, even after the double coverage was put on him.

you can start at 7:40 for a snippet of him

On 10/12/2016 at 0:25 PM, aztecskin said:

I'd down for a BBQ  -- Is anyone going to the alumni event at Sunset Station? I'll be there, too. 

I just got the email about that...I just sent a message to @sgmthompson about it.  He was the first to invite, and my girlfriend is open to whatever, so if he wants to do his own BBQ and we can't hit both, I'm sticking with him.  If he does his own thing and it's efficient to stop by the Alumni Tailgate, we will try to swing through on our way to the game if time permits.

We have official tailgates that are really nice at each away game now.  It is not like the "old days".  If we want such programs to continue, our fans must support them with their attendance.   The Rice tailgate is a perfect example...free food and very nice...band playing...cash bar.  About 200 attended which was great.  Several players parents and UNT folks in attendance.  I encourage people to attend these tailgates..they cost a good bit to set up and everything is done for you.  No set up...no clean up.. just fun.  And, the opposing fans get to see that the Mean Green Nation is there in support of its team.

I am not saying...don't do your own thing, but rather Why?  Why, when this is set up for you to make it less trouble to tailgate with Mean Green fans, players parents and UNT officials?  If you do decide to tailgate on your own at away games, PLEASE PLEASE save time to come by the official UNT Alumni Assoc/Advancement tailgate for more than just a moment or two at the end.  These events cannot be maintained without support from our fans, alums, parents, etc.. The more that attend the bigger and better they will become.  Again, set up your own tailgate,fine but set it up and shut it down in time to spend some decent time at the Alumni/Advancement UNT Official Tailgate.

Thanks for listening. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Kram,what gate will y'all be set up at the Alamodome?

GO MEAN GREEN!

Tailgate will be at Sunset Station, La Dahlia Room.  3-5:30pm.  Kickoff at 6pm.

Located 1174 E Commerce St.  Registration is free, food is free...cash bar.

RSVP by Wednesday, Oct. 26th...  untalumni.com

• Upvote 1

On October 14, 2016 at 0:45 PM, KRAM1 said:

We have official tailgates that are really nice at each away game now.  It is not like the "old days".  If we want such programs to continue, our fans must support them with their attendance.   The Rice tailgate is a perfect example...free food and very nice...band playing...cash bar.  About 200 attended which was great.  Several players parents and UNT folks in attendance.  I encourage people to attend these tailgates..they cost a good bit to set up and everything is done for you.  No set up...no clean up.. just fun.  And, the opposing fans get to see that the Mean Green Nation is there in support of its team.

I am not saying...don't do your own thing, but rather Why?  Why, when this is set up for you to make it less trouble to tailgate with Mean Green fans, players parents and UNT officials?  If you do decide to tailgate on your own at away games, PLEASE PLEASE save time to come by the official UNT Alumni Assoc/Advancement tailgate for more than just a moment or two at the end.  These events cannot be maintained without support from our fans, alums, parents, etc.. The more that attend the bigger and better they will become.  Again, set up your own tailgate,fine but set it up and shut it down in time to spend some decent time at the Alumni/Advancement UNT Official Tailgate.

Thanks for listening. ?

Sounds like an amazing event! Question, does the alumni association also set up blocks of hotel rooms? Just asking as I've never made an away game and stayed overnight.  Praying the UTSA game doesn't get moved earlier so I can make it. 

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Sounds like an amazing event! Question, does the alumni association also set up blocks of hotel rooms? Just asking as I've never made an away game and stayed overnight.  Praying the UTSA game doesn't get moved earlier so I can make it. 

At this point the Alumni Association does not set up room blocks at hotels for away games.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2016 at 10:29 AM, KRAM1 said:

Tailgate will be at Sunset Station, La Dahlia Room.  3-5:30pm.  Kickoff at 6pm.

Located 1174 E Commerce St.  Registration is free, food is free...cash bar.

RSVP by Wednesday, Oct. 26th...  untalumni.com

Looks like it's about a half mile from the stadium...not too bad.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:10 PM, golfingomez said:

you can start at 7:40 for a snippet of him

Thanks Man,

It was nice to see.

Appreciate the video

I got you

BBQ AT MY HOUSE IS CANCELLED, I'M GOING TO THE ALUMNI TAILGATE

I will be at the Tailgate event.

• Upvote 2