Do we hit 6?

Andrew

Just tossing it out.. but if we did get to 6 wins.. how big of a crowd could we get if we went back to the HOD bowl again? 

Also, who would challenge us in our division of C-USA and who would we play? 

Army, UTEP and UTSA, just have to focus on them.. besides them who else do we play? I know LA tech 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Just tossing it out.. but if we did get to 6 wins.. how big of a crowd could we get if we went back to the HOD bowl again? 

Army, UTEP and UTSA, just have to focus on them.. besides them who else do we play? I know LA tech 

Army, UTSA, La Tech, Western Kentucky, Southern miss, and UTEP. It's a rough schedule but perhaps I am drinking the green kool aide...

2 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

Army and UTEP are winnable...the rest are long shots, but can be won with the Littrell attitude.  I'm now expecting at least 5 wins.  It's probably gonna be close.

That last game at UTEP could determine if we make a bowl game or not. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I think if we got to HOD bowl this year, with what Littrell has done from a Turn around you are looking at 45,000 people easily.  

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Army, UTSA, La Tech, Western Kentucky, Southern miss, and UTEP. It's a rough schedule but perhaps I am drinking the green kool aide...

That last game at UTEP could determine if we make a bowl game or not. 

Yup.  I should be there unless things change...what about you?  I'm gonna post about tickets right now, actually.

• Upvote 2

We could definitely finish the season with 3 to 9 wins.  Make that 3 to 11 wins (conference championship + bowl)

Seriously, it's just fun being able to talk about 6 wins at this point in the season with a new coach and a freshman QB.

At any rate, already 2 more wins than last year.  More gravy please.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, casual fan said:

We could definitely finish the season with 3 to 9 wins.  Make that 3 to 11 wins (conference championship + bowl)

Seriously, it's just fun being able to talk about 6 wins at this point in the season with a new coach and a freshman QB.

At any rate, already 2 more wins than last year.  More gravy please.

and a ton of young skill players and defensive players. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We are 3-3 half way through the season. We have a lot of tough games left, so is it possible to hit six and make a bowl game?

I believe we have a chance! UTSA and UTEP are both winnable and I think we stand a chance against LA Tech. I am only saying this because we have home field advantage, it's homecoming, and the team  is only going to get better. Baring injuries I am going out on a limb and saying we hit 6 this year! 

I had forecasted 6/6 , but if we make it will because of the D! It looks like a lot of Cusa is not playing much D!

• Upvote 4

Chance, yes. Absolutely there is a chance. 

3 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Why are we still considering UTSA winnable but not Southern Miss? UTSA just beat them pretty handily... They're both winnable at this point...

Every single game on our schedule is winnable. I stated a week or so before the season that all of them were winnable outside of Florida given Alec Morris performs well. Well, he's not. But Mason Fine is giving the kind of production I had in mind for Morris. 

• Upvote 7

As a die hard Cowboys fan, it's pretty crazy to see the resemblance in the two teams so far. Both have first year qbs who not many people thought they could make the transition to the new competition level without a year or two of learning behind vets. Both QBs have made smart decisions and done a good job not turning the ball over. They have not lit up the stat sheet but they've played really good games. Both teams were excepted to have decent secondaries with struggles on the d line and both defenses have performed admirably overall. I could keep going (o line injuries, allowing big special teams plays, etc...) but there's no need to. I guess the sentiment is you play the game for a reason.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Chance, yes. Absolutely there is a chance. 

Every single game on our schedule is winnable. I stated a week or so before the season that all of them were winnable outside of Florida given Alec Morris performs well. Well, he's not. But Mason Fine is giving the kind of production I had in mind for Morris. 

Shiiiiiiitttttt....Fine is actually producing at a higher level than I expected from Morris.  It's the O-Line I'm worried about.

• Upvote 5

If we get on a roll with the confidence we have now and win the next two, I think that the sky is the limit in this conference. It's almost like all of our future opponents are pretty much equally beatable, with MAYBE WKU being the exception. Nice time for a week off to get healthy and analyze the competition. Really wish I could make it up to West Point. 

• Upvote 1