Flying the Flag

MCMLXXX

This is in contrast to that old strip mall near the Horny Toad Cafe (35 and north 288) that's flying two huge UT and OU flags at this moment. I think they at least flew some UNT flags around the time we went to the bowl, but considering it's only 2 miles away from Apogee, why don't they fly UNT colors more regularly?

• Upvote 6

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Miss the Texas state style NT flag.  This is a tradition that needs to be kept up.   Nothing wrong with the current flags, but prefer the green Texas flags.  

It was prevalent the last few years I was there, and now it's disappeared from all marketing again.

I don't really understand, it's definitely the best promotional piece we have.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, dmaxel said:

This is in contrast to that old strip mall near the Horny Toad Cafe (35 and north 288) that's flying two huge UT and OU flags at this moment. I think they at least flew some UNT flags around the time we went to the bowl, but considering it's only 2 miles away from Apogee, why don't they fly UNT colors more regularly?

most likely to try to get some customers driving by for the ut ou game, If not the case I will stop eating there again until i see a green flag out front

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I just sent an email to Wren and President S about the flag pole. We'll see what happens with that.

GO MEAN GREEN!

We should put one on each side of the pedestrian bridge.

42 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I just sent an email to Wren and President S about the flag pole. We'll see what happens with that.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 3

We need the battle flag on the backs of our helmets. I just dug through photos from 2001-2011, and we added Stars and Stripe to the back of our helmets in 2010 and they've been there since. But I think we should put the Battle Flag back there instead.

apogee-stadium-mean-green-ncaa-football-

AX059_1EC9_9.jpg

DRC_UNT_HODB_42.jpg

We need a personalized touch back there, like a bunch of others do.

UT has a burnt orange outline of Texas with a star where Austin is:

2007_Texas_Longhorn_helmet_bluebonnet.jp

Baylor has a Texas outline too but with the BU in there:

4171912.jpeg

Miami ripped off Texas:

miami-hurricanes-florida-helmet-sticker.

Ole Miss gone and done the same thing too:

USATSI_8858900_168381178_lowres-650x342.

WVU make their state shape solid, just like their breakfast biscuits:

dana-holgorsen-ncaa-football-iowa-state-

Michigan State has an outline of wherever the hell they're from and it even has a little hat:

2009-michigan-state-football-helmet-silv

South Carolina has the state flag and Ol Glory back there:

USATSI_80517481.jpg

We just need a small touch. Just the Battle Flag, no Texas outline or anything.

We also don't need to go full Simple Jack like Tech did...

TT.0.jpg

Though bonus points for that dude for going full Dead Presidents face under there.

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

How much would it cost the university to put in a giant flag pole and have it on the Apogee grounds and fly that big-ass NT flag for all on I-35 to see. We don't have a tower or any other landmark that can be seen from a mile away, so why not?

GO MEAN GREEN!

And we could use those big ass fans to keep the flag waving. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2016 at 1:34 PM, dmaxel said:

21 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

We should put one on each side of the pedestrian bridge.

^^ And why isn't the pedestrian bridge painted green?  Or at least have green lights installed.  Should be a part of the A Green Light to Success campaign and a "green gateway" to DFW area.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

^^ And why isn't the pedestrian bridge painted green?  Or at least have green lights installed.  Should be a part of the A Green Light to Success campaign and a "green gateway" to DFW area.

I like this idea. Are there any nearby lights to connect power wires to?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

GO MEAN GREEN!

I received an answer from Wren Baker on the flag pole idea. Here's his response...

"Thanks for the note. This same topic came up recently in one of our meetings. I think it is an idea with great potential and we will look into it. I appreciate you taking the time to email. Go Mean Green."

Wren

Just now, Hunter Green said:

I received an answer from Wren Baker on the flag pole idea. Here's his response...

"Thanks for the note. This same topic came up recently in one of our meetings. I think it is an idea with great potential and we will look into it. I appreciate you taking the time to email. Go Mean Green."

Wren

A giant green flag with the SOW on it would look awesome. Add flood lights at night and it really makes a statement.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Wren

A giant green flag with the SOW on it would look awesome. Add flood lights at night and it really makes a statement.

GO MEAN GREEN!

That and one of the battle flags.

• Upvote 3