Excuses

Caw Caw

I couldn't agree more.  I love this staff's attitude of we are going to win every game.  that seems to be the expectation and it doesn't matter to them what the roadblocks are.   They aren't blaming Mac, they aren't blaming RV and they aren't blaming the students.   They seem to be concerned about giving the students something to cheer about rather than expecting them to cheer first.   

This crew seems to know what comes first and I can't begin to express what a welcome change this is!

• Upvote 6

From what I remember, Mac came in telling everyone he inherited the slowest, smallest team in D1.  Kind of like the "SMU is not a rivalry" thing.  I guess his approach was to make sure everyone knew the bar was set really low, and then we should be thrilled with any success?

Edited by GreenBacker
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GreenBacker said:

From what I remember, Mac came in telling everyone he inherited the slowest, smallest team in D1.  Kind of like the "SMU is not a rivalry" thing.  I guess his approach was to make sure everyone knew the bar was set really low, and then we should be thrilled with any success?

We were small and slow when Mac came in. Our strength and conditioning coach was second to none. Ironically we ended up where we began.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

I just wanted to mention that this staff has made very few excuses. There is no "well we're undersized", "the cupboard was pretty bare when we got here", etc. Usually the focus is on what they failed at as a team, what could be improved upon, execution of the plan etc. I wanted to say it's a nice change. Maybe i'm missing it but that's how I have felt so far.

Do get the feeling after a loss no one is more upset than Coach Seth! Those press conferences he looks like he is about to explode! GMG 

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2016 at 9:55 PM, Ryan Munthe said:

We were small and slow when Mac came in. Our strength and conditioning coach was second to none. Ironically we ended up where we began.

Dead on...very weird how that happened. I think it shows Mac just got lucky with Frank.  I was always interested in how he started his career at Hardin Simmons.  Would love to hear that story if anyone knows anything about that.  Didnt seem to have any Texas ties otherwise.  I know he came as part of the South Florida crew. 

On 10/6/2016 at 3:19 PM, Caw Caw said:

I just wanted to mention that this staff has made very few excuses. There is no "well we're undersized", "the cupboard was pretty bare when we got here", etc. Usually the focus is on what they failed at as a team, what could be improved upon, execution of the plan etc. I wanted to say it's a nice change. Maybe i'm missing it but that's how I have felt so far.

Littrell seems to live in and concentrate on the present.

Mac lived in and dwelled on the past.

That's a huge difference.  

Littrell is showing that he can think outside the box.  Mac couldn't or wouldn't as it was just not in his DNA.