Albino Squirrel

MCMLXXX

Somehow I think the famous North Texas t-shirt girl is still hot  :-)  Thanks Rick for the memories

I'm good with the Albino Squirrel on the big screen - actually it's kind of cool.  For a school that sometimes struggles to keep lasting traditions, the Albino Squirrel is something in common across multiple generations of UNT students and alumni.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I'm getting killed on my response to this stupid squirrel.  What's so great about it and how does a white squirrel fit into UNTs historical past? I don't get it.  Is the squirrel supposed to distract a kicker?  I would much rather see the "eyes of the Eagle" on that screen............glaring, blinking........daring the FG kicker.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

11 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I'm getting killed on my response to this stupid squirrel.  What's so great about it and how does a white squirrel fit into UNTs historical past? I don't get it.  Is the squirrel supposed to distract a kicker?  I would much rather see the "eyes of the Eagle" on that screen............glaring, blinking........daring the FG kicker.

Does it work? Is Apogee a hard building to kick in? I don't think so. Colleges have many quirky and cool traditions. I don't think the squirrel fits in the cool/effective category.

We are a music school, I would like to see the assembled fans sing "Come back to Texas" by bowling for soup, a band who earned its chops in Denton, before the start of the 4th quarter. Or some other Texas based song that links to Denton. Similar to UVW and Colorado singing John Denver songs. It is just a thought.

We are known for our music, I would like to weave it into the game time experience a bit more. However I don't think that will distract opposing kickers any either...

• Downvote 3

29 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

"our school needs more traditions!!"

"god, I hate all of our traditions!!"

- all of you

Inarguably the biggest tradition we have. 

Why do you hate children?

(oh yeah, we're pretty good at the histrionic false dichotomy too.)

• Upvote 1

My two cents...it seems like a great idea to put something on the video board that is totally unexpected and potentially startling. Something not UNT-icon related. I posted a couple examples earlier. Here are others:

200.gif200.gif200w.gif

Use a different one at each opportunity. Who knows how the kicker might react to a well-timed witch with glowing eyes.

6 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

My two cents...it seems like a great idea to put something on the video board that is totally unexpected and potentially startling. Something not UNT-icon related. I posted a couple examples earlier. Here are others:

200.gif200.gif200w.gif

Use a different one at each opportunity. Who knows how the kicker might react to a well-timed witch with glowing eyes.

I honestly wonder if animated stuff would violate some rule. 

Good question, oldguy. I am under the impression that it is being done at other schools, but the animation may be the key, as you note. It would be worth checking the book. Hell, next year the NCAA may impose "The North Texas Rule".

Even a still picture of that witch would be more effective than a cute, bushy-tailed rodent.

Edited by EagleMBA