MGB: Baker hires third top level administrator

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

He was simply voicing concern over the financial burden.  If we're putting the carriage before the horse, I think the concern is justified.

I personally don't think that.  I think the money is there.  And you're absolutely correct: let's not keep doing what we were doing.

I get it, but I think the savings of doing athletics on the cheap for 40 years should more than cover the salary and benefit packages for a few years. 

I mean, if you want to look at it that way... 

• Upvote 2

This is the third new hire that addresses an area specifically mentioned in the Consultants Report. Our new AD is actually doing things to fix identified problems! 

Not all of the problems are going to be fixed overnight, but there's a difference between giving someone 15 years and second guessing them in about 15 weeks! 

More importantly, beat the MUTS this weekend!

• Upvote 1

To be successful maybe you gotta make these hires. Apparently, many successful athletic departments have these positions in some form or fashion. Before we start condemning Wren let's see where all this goes. Can't be any worse than whats been going on for 15 years

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

No complaints here. Wren is making his bed one hire at a time. Let him do his thing. As long as it pays in the end. If not, he'll need to be sleeping in that bed in the back of a uhaul truck as it goes down i35 to his next destination.  

I wonder...did he buy or did he wrent?

• Upvote 2