BTG - Rice

UNT 90 Grad

So I'm assuming that Fox Sports Southwest is a pretty standard channel in Houston.  Couldn't help but think of Rice players, staff, fans, etc. watching Littrell's halftime speech on Beyond the Green.  "They stink on offense!  They stink on defense!  They can't tackle!"  Bulletin board material for Rice next year when they come to Apogee.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So I'm assuming that Fox Sports Southwest is a pretty standard channel in Houston.  Couldn't help but think of Rice players, staff, fans, etc. watching Littrell's halftime speech on Beyond the Green.  "They stink on offense!  They stink on defense!  They can't tackle!"  Bulletin board material for Rice next year when they come to Apogee.  

I'm sure there were many halftime speeches last year just like this in our opposing team's locker room.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

you're right Marty...that was classic...trashes Rice at halftime and then goes into Coach Speak after the game.  That was funny as hell.  I love the celebration in the locker room when coach walks in.  You can tell they like this dude.

He was pretty much telling our team at halftime that we have more talent than what Rice has and we should be whipping them.  

They can still be a well coached team like he said at the end of the game, but littrel feels like we had a talent advantage, and I agree.  

It remains to be seen if we have enough talent to win 6 games, but Littrel seems to think so.  Even if we don't, it's a good mindset to have because if he thinks we have enough talent to win 6, and we dont, then he will look at himself and the coaching staff instead of complaining about the talent he has.

• Upvote 3

I think it is out now, watching it on the MGS site...

http://www.meangreensports.com/beyondthegreen/

Ep. 4 pts. 1-2

This series is just SO DAMN GOOD!!  Great production, great insights.  Loving the Smastresk interview portions as well.  

Edit. This is the Florida game, maybe it isn't the most current? 

Edited by Stan R
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan R said:

I think it is out now, watching it on the MGS site...

http://www.meangreensports.com/beyondthegreen/

Ep. 4 pts. 1-2

This series is just SO DAMN GOOD!!  Great production, great insights.  Loving the Smastresk interview portions as well.  

Edit. This is the Florida game, maybe it isn't the most current? 

Correct. Episode 5 is what we're waiting for.

On September 29, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

There have been several occasions on BTG where I've thought, "Do the coaches really want this put out there?"  I don't know if @BeyondTheGreen runs questionable material by them to mark sure they are cool with it.

I don't run any content on BTG without approval from the Athletic Department.  

As for a few who were questioning why Seth said that at halftime, then said they were a good football team isn't as much coach speak as it was motivation.  They were beating themselves in the first half and Rice was not the better team.  I think the post-game part was more of a tribute to their Coach and their resiliency as Rice didnt roll over in the 4th when NT got things going.  As well was giving our guys some credit for the win.  

At least, that was my take.  But yeah, I always run stuff by the dept.  

1 hour ago, BeyondTheGreen said:

As for a few who were questioning why Seth said that at halftime, then said they were a good football team isn't as much coach speak as it was motivation.  They were beating themselves in the first half and Rice was not the better team.  I think the post-game part was more of a tribute to their Coach and their resiliency as Rice didnt roll over in the 4th when NT got things going.  As well was giving our guys some credit for the win.  

Cool.  I wasn't saying whether you should or shouldn't, just curious.  Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, BeyondTheGreen said:

But what about in the chat?!?! Lol

Yes, the first 2:26 minutes was black on my Uverse recording.  Must have been the channel.  (10/6 episode)

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2