Results of Apogee Stadium Fan Survey Released

NTAlum09

The best part was the last couple of pages of things that will be done as a result of the survey. If they actually occur the AD will have made a significant step toward improvement. Asking for Input and then responding is going to start building some trust. 

Persoally I'm looking forward to cup covers and straws being available!

• Upvote 7

Just now, VideoEagle said:

Not really. Fans are those neither students nor alumni. So spouses and kids are fans. So are most parents. Of the 3 in my party there is one alumnus - me - and two fans. The majority of people on my row are fans and not alumni or students. 

Also let's face it, the students are much less likely to fill out a survey unless they can do it right then and there on their phone.

Just now, Army of Dad said:

As was everything else, no?

I expected the results to be pretty pedestrian as most people would generally have had an acceptable/satisfactory experience. I'd rate 99% of my experiences at any retail, restaurant, or sporting event as satisfactory.

As was pointed out by some people I talked to about the survey, using a 4 point scale makes it a little tough to get the best gauge. There was nothing for being in the middle -- not satisfied but also not dis-satisfied. Something like that might have been useful to know and might have brought up where more work might need to be done.

I thought it was interesting that little comments like "running out of toilet paper" was brought up and it is something that is easily fixed by frequent sweeps of the bathroom to make sure they are adequately supplied. So is monitoring the volume of the PA and scrolling scores more often on the message boards.

Where you want to focus is getting those who were dis-satisfied or very dis-satisfied into the satisfied category. Many times it is something very small that is easy to fix that gets people out of those categories. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess I should have filled one of these outs and am therefore part of the problem, but really? Everyone who filled this out think the CSC security staff is "friendly" and was "satisfied" with the ticket lines at the SMU game? Makes me think everyone just sped through this and just clicked the middle option, which is "satisfied."

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Disappointed that my comment about the fan shops didn't show up. Both are way too small for a regular day, let alone a game day. Especially the alumni side store needs to be at least doubled in size, if not tripled.

I mentioned that too, suggesting a large tent be added on game day.  I think the perfect location would be behind the wing, but now that they're putting those TVs there, that probably isn't going to happen.

I'm also wondering about Scrappy - the only mentions in the survey are positive, but I know a bunch of us complained about the "Eugene Levy Scrappy" costume.

This stands out: "Post-game field access is being discussed on how to make it an option and provide a safe environment for everyone on the field".  I don't remember there being a question regarding this - I guess a lot of people miss that from Fouts.  No mention of having kinds in the Jr. Mean Green club come out before the beginning of the second half, though.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Stix said:

I mentioned that too, suggesting a large tent be added on game day.  I think the perfect location would be behind the wing, but now that they're putting those TVs there, that probably isn't going to happen.

I'm also wondering about Scrappy - the only mentions in the survey are positive, but I know a bunch of us complained about the "Eugene Levy Scrappy" costume.

This stands out: "Post-game field access is being discussed on how to make it an option and provide a safe environment for everyone on the field".  I don't remember there being a question regarding this - I guess a lot of people miss that from Fouts.  No mention of having kinds in the Jr. Mean Green club come out before the beginning of the second half, though.

A good place would be either corner of the north endzone, either between the wing and the alumni side or same location on the student side.

• Upvote 1

I am really starting to believe in the transformative power of purposeful leadership. I think we will see an uptick in the functioning of UNT athletics, so long as the money is allocated to make changes. Much like anything else, it will cost more to fix it initially before you can reap the benefits.

• Upvote 5

This is somewhat of a tangent, but it is related to the AD hearing and responding to fan feedback. Joe Greene's birthday, the survey, and the consultant's findings got me thinking about it and I thought now might be as good a time as any to go ahead and message The Wren® about the Joe Greene statue. Here is the correspondence, for those interested (with certain names redacted to prevent triggers).

Wrenovation.PNG

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Tyler Maryak said:

This is somewhat of a tangent, but it is related to the AD hearing and responding to fan feedback. Joe Greene's birthday, the survey, and the consultant's findings got me thinking about it and I thought now might be as good a time as any to go ahead and message The Wren® about the Joe Greene statue. Here is the correspondence, for those interested (with certain names redacted to prevent triggers).

Wrenovation.PNG

The amount of honesty that's coming back is soooooooo refreshing. It makes me incredibly happy to see responses like this. Maybe I'm on the Kool-Aid, but it's incredibly exciting because the turnaround feels so real.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Mean Green Brigade pre-game and half-time shows are liked by a significant majority.

Obviously none of them ever went to a real college football game. Besides, how many of the same participants would have rated our former AD "satisfactory" in how he did his job if the same survey had been  handed out two years ago?

Sheep

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4