The Flying Leak?

UNTLifer

In the chat during the Florida game, someone said the Florida fans were saying that our logo looks like a leek.  So, since the '70s logo was called the Flying Worm, the SOW could be called the Flying Leek.  I'm not advocating it, but if it catches on, it catches on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is the dumbest thing I've heard! Please don't start that nonsense. 

The white helmets are awesome and this new staff finally gets it.  I have a feeling we are going to have some really sharp new uniforms for next year! This new group staff understands what's hip and attracts the young athletes of today! Excited and optimistic!  

See ya at the game. Go Mean Green 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, greenjoe said:

We've reached a new low.  As if a flying worm isn't disgusting enough, somebody has the nerve to suggest a poor man's onion.  And somehow people immediately understand Crimson tide and elephants and Tar Heels and rams.

Beat Middle

GO MEAN GREEN

average price: Leeks - $2.46/lb ... Onion - $1.91/lb

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

But seriously, folks - does anyone else remember that when the SOW was "unveiled" that RV said that there would be a 3D version "in a few months"?  I do think that using some shading and judicious use of black outlining, a 3D look could be achieved which would really make it "pop".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stix said:

But seriously, folks - does anyone else remember that when the SOW was "unveiled" that RV said that there would be a 3D version "in a few months"?  I do think that using some shading and judicious use of black outlining, a 3D look could be achieved which would really make it "pop".

We could start Bevelling everything like A&M

5_ytbK.gif

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Stix said:

Holograms!

But on a matte helmet, tho.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard! Please don't start that nonsense. 

The white helmets are awesome and this new staff finally gets it.  I have a feeling we are going to have some really sharp new uniforms for next year! This new group staff understands what's hip and attracts the young athletes of today! Excited and optimistic!  

See ya at the game. Go Mean Green 

I don't like white helmets. The throwback one was nice but the current helmet in white looks way oversized on the players' head. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 9/29/2016 at 10:28 AM, greenjoe said:

We've reached a new low.  As if a flying worm isn't disgusting enough, somebody has the nerve to suggest a poor man's onion.  And somehow people immediately understand Crimson tide and elephants and Tar Heels and rams.

Beat Middle

GO MEAN GREEN

Leeks are fairly expensive.  I love them, and use them in my vichysoisse, and have had amazing crepes that featured leeks.  They've become the cuisine artisan's onions.  Scallions are more like the poor man's onions.

9 hours ago, Stix said:

I paint in 3-D...I could make an image that works, but you need prismatic 3-D lenses to get the effect.

• Upvote 1

Let's put NT on one side of the helmet and the SOW on the other.

Green helmets today?

9 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

It looks like big marshmallow

I don't like white helmets. The throwback one was nice but the current helmet in white looks way oversized on the players' head. 

I do remember RV saying there would be a 3D SOW.

• Upvote 1