Les Miles fired at LSU

Coach Bill Lewis

15 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Tom Herman on the first plane outta H-Town once LSU doubles...maybe even triples...his salary.

I can't wait to watch the bidding war for his services. Moneybags Fertitta isn't gonna let him go easily. UT and Ok State might be in the running too so there are gonna be some seriously deep pockets in play.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I can't wait to watch the bidding war for his services. Moneybags Fertitta isn't gonna let him go easily. UT and Ok State might be in the running too so there are gonna be some seriously deep pockets in play.

For me, I dont get into a bidding war for a coach. Uh has found sumlin, hermann, some other dude, so they will be able to do the same. Just doesn't make sense to pay a college coach 7,8,9 million a year to me...

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, THOR said:

For me, I dont get into a bidding war for a coach. Uh has found sumlin, hermann, some other dude, so they will be able to do the same. Just doesn't make sense to pay a college coach 7,8,9 million a year to me...

Yep. With UH's history of coaches, they will be able to replace him easily.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, THOR said:

I agree. Seems extremely overpaid. Presidents and BOR around the country need to think about walking coaching salaries back down into reality. What are the coaches going to do? Quit? 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

I agree. Seems extremely overpaid. Presidents and BOR around the country need to think about walking coaching salaries back down into reality. What are the coaches going to do? Quit? 

lol no, they'll go somewhere else win and make that University 10-15 times the amount they make.  It is all about $$ unfortunately.  The more you win the more money your program generates, the better you can help your other programs that are funded by football, so on and so forth.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Not so sure OK State or UT are gonna be in the market. Remains to be seen I guess. But USC looks like a very probably bidder for his services too. Notre Dame might also get into that bidding war. This is going to be ridiculously expensive for whomever wins his services.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Not so sure OK State or UT are gonna be in the market. Remains to be seen I guess. But USC looks like a very probably bidder for his services too. Notre Dame might also get into that bidding war. This is going to be ridiculously expensive for whomever wins his services.

Tom Herman has said he wants to stay in Houston. But they all say that...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GM1998 said:

Tom Herman has said he wants to stay in Houston. But they all say that...

I think so too. I am in NYC. I like NYC. I might want to stay here. But if you give me a contract where i can make 30 million in 4 years if I move to southern california, then that might influence what I think. And no coach can ever say: "I like it here, but sure I will go wiith an offer that doubles my salary." You couldn't recruit if you admitted that.

• Upvote 1

Hermann is the #1 target based on this analysis:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/les-miles-lsu-fired-candidates-targets-herman-jimbo-fisher-coaches-list-names-candidates-092516

I think Herman would prefer the Texas job first and perhaps A&M after that.   However,, Strong and Sumlin have started off well this season so he may not want to wait around for it.  Also, his Houston team will land a playoff spot if they win out which they should... he may want to hang around and see what other options he has.

13 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Arkansas State just lost to Central Arkansas and they have not won a game this year. Briles would be a good fit in Jonesboro. 

He won't take a step down... No way he's in Jonesboro unless the AState AD gets his school to do a 1-1 series. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Hermann is the #1 target based on this analysis:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/les-miles-lsu-fired-candidates-targets-herman-jimbo-fisher-coaches-list-names-candidates-092516

I think Herman would prefer the Texas job first and perhaps A&M after that.   However,, Strong and Sumlin have started off well this season so he may not want to wait around for it.  Also, his Houston team will land a playoff spot if they win out which they should... he may want to hang around and see what other options he has.

Harry, I'm not so sure I'd say UT has started off well. They got beat by an average Cal team and took double overtime to beat a below average Notre Dame. Charlie is still on the hot seat and the talk on sports radio in Austin over the past week has been his lackluster defense and how he'd better fix it.