Ferry to West Point

untcampbell

6 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

We have thought about taking the ferry but the trip is 4 to 5 hours.  One might consider taking the train one way and the ferry back, or vice versa.

GO MEAN GREEN

the ferry ride is actually under 3 hours. 

keep in mind, that depending on where you're staying in Manhattan/Brooklyn...you'll have the commute (taxi or subway) to Grand Central, an hour and forty-five minute train ride up to either Peekskill or Manitou and then a 20-30 minute cab ride from the train station to West Point.   

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

How far from West Point is the ferry port ?

the port is on campus...and the football stadium is about a mile from the river. pretty sure the ferry service includes a shuttle from the river to the stadium and back if you're lazy. 

21 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Thanks.  And I am lazy.  I went to the ferry website.  They video showed buses lined up at the pier.  School buses.  Yellow school buses.  Have you actually taken the ferry to WP ?

are you above riding in a school bus? seems an odd point to add.

and no...I've never taken the ferry. nor was I necessarily lobbying for it. I am however familiar with both New York metro area public transportation and that particular area of the Hudson Valley. unless you know someone with a car willing to pick you up on the east side of the river, the ferry will be your cheapest and most convenient route. if you take the train out of the city, now probably at least $40 round trip...you'll have at least another $40 cab ride from Peekskill or Manitou...a cab that I'm not entirely sure will be permitted onto campus, leaving you with a far longer walk than a mile from the main gate to the stadium...even if it is allowed to bring you in (if someone else has done it, please let me know) you'll be stuck in the game-day parking queue waiting to get cleared.  

keep in mind...West Point is not a town. the entirety of the activities are conducted on the military base/campus. 

• Upvote 3

Zero to sixty.  Very fast.  

I I actually have no problem riding a school bus.  I walk 2 miles every morning and 1 when I get home.  It just seemed odd that the ferry would be "luxury" and the trip from pier to the stadium is in a school bus.  But that's just me.  I rode the train last time and it was very nice.  I met Mean Green fan "Let's give a cheer" on the train.  He suggested the Campbell apartment in Grand Central.  I'm sure you've been there.  

Ill ll consider the ferry.  Thank you for your kind suggestion.

GO MEAN GREEN

Tickets from the UNT ticket office are GA ($45) and are likely in the South end zone (I think that is the South end). That is where they put us last time we played them.

Full disclosure: Army is selling some upper deck seats on the home side of the field for $40. I just decided it was a good to buy from our AD and that it would be fun to sit with our fans.

GMG