UNT vs, Rice Prediction

Harry

What to Know About North Texas

The Mean Green won just one game in 2015, so at least they already matched that win total under new head coach Seth Littrell. Freshman quarterback Mason Fine made his first career start against Bethune-Cookman and completed 11 of 22 passes for 108 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions. He added 46 yards on the ground. The goal is for Fine and this offense to make a little progress each week, but he completed just six of 22 attempts for 66 yards with no touchdowns and one interception against Florida, which held the Mean Green to 53 yards of total offense. While that certainly was taking a step back, the Gators do have one of the top defenses in the country. We'll see what type of performance Fine provides this week.

Advantages

Offense: North Texas. There is at least hope with Fine at quarterback.

Defense: Rice. North Texas is dead-last in the FBS in third-down conversion percentage defense.

Special Teams: Even. Both squads have unblemished kickers—ones that have not missed a field goal or extra point this year.

Coaching: Rice. Bailiff has taken the Owls to four bowl games in his career.

Intangibles: North Texas. The Mean Green are looking to avenge their loss from last season.

read more:  http://campusinsiders.com/news/rice-vs-north-texas-prediction-game-preview-09-20-2016

UNT 35

Rice 31

Rice has beaten UNT everytime I have attended. If it happens again this time I will not attend the next UNT away game at Rice to see if I am the issue!

See you all there! It is roughtly 5000 degrees in Houston currently. Lets hope for a cold spell. That concrete behemoth has very little shade!

GMG

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GM1998 said:

UNT 35

Rice 31

Rice has beaten UNT everytime I have attended. If it happens again this time I will not attend the next UNT away game at Rice to see if I am the issue!

See you all there! It is roughtly 5000 degrees in Houston currently. Lets hope for a cold spell. That concrete behemoth has very little shade!

GMG

I don't think Rice can muster 31 points against any FBS team with a decent defense and from what I saw this past Saturday in Florida we have a decent defense.    I think the score is lower.    31-20 UNT over Rice

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

UNT-24

Rice-21

Probably a close game. Hopefully, SL will get them pumped up and it want be.

I think SL and Co will be able to do this. I don't expect a blowout, but I don't really expect to see a nail bitter either. I think this D has significantly improved and will continue to do so. And of course the old saying is that D travels. The offense must be able to show sustainability. If so, we'll lead throughout and win by 10 or so. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, greenminer said:

How does Rice's punter compare to our's? Is this writer factoring in that aspect, or only looking at FG/PATs?

And...AND what about their gunner? Hm? How does theirs compare to ours.

These are the hard hitting, team-defining questions I wanna know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just don't see this as a victory. I think most expect us to win because of how poorly Rice has played. I think we're outmatched in the trenches and even if the QB play has been poor I will take the team with a senior QB at home vs a team with a freshman QB on the road almost every time. Especially with our O line.

Rice 23

UNT 13

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I just don't see this as a victory. I think most expect us to win because of how poorly Rice has played. I think we're outmatched in the trenches and even if the QB play has been poor I will take the team with a senior QB at home vs a team with a freshman QB on the road almost every time. Especially with our O line.

Rice 23

UNT 13

Even if the "senior QB" is very very bad?  Have you seen Stehling play?

Regarding your trenches remark... there is alot of work to be done there, agree.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I predicted 4-5 wins this year before the season and I am confident in that now as I was then. We will beat Rice, We will beat Army, and we will beat either UTEP or UTSA. My bet is UTSA. If we beat both, this season wil actually hurt cause we would be close to bowl eligibility but there is no way we beat LAtech, Sotuhern miss, MTSU, Marshall, or WKU.

32 UNT

17 Fried RICE

This defense comes back from an outstanding performance in the dreaded swamp to laugh at the Rice crowd and rip the wings off of the Barn Owls.

Wilson gets over 100 yards on the ground, Fine throws 250 with 2 TD through the air and 1 on the ground. Defense forces 3 turnovers

10 minutes ago, Aldo said:

He can run. Don't know how elusive he is.

As elusive as a.............

baby moments steps giraffe