Important information in regards to Rice game video stream

Harry

5 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Regarding the CUSA.TV stream/player.  Is it possible to use a Chromecast?  I could not figure out a way to do it and eventually had to run an HD cable from my laptop to my TV.  I was hoping/expecting to be able to open the stream on my phone and then 'send' it to my Chromecast.  No luck.

I ended up casting it pretty easily. The one thing I had to figure out was to disable my ad-block for the site. They don't let their player run if ads are blocked.

1 minute ago, Christopher Walker said:

I ended up casting it pretty easily. The one thing I had to figure out was to disable my ad-block for the site. They don't let their player run if ads are blocked.

Hmm...  I wonder what I am doing wrong.  I usually see the little Chromecast button/icon, but don't see that option.  I can stream it fine on either laptop or phone, but can't figure out how to 'cast' it to my Chromecast.  You were able to get this to work?

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

Hmm...  I wonder what I am doing wrong.  I usually see the little Chromecast button/icon, but don't see that option.  I can stream it fine on either laptop or phone, but can't figure out how to 'cast' it to my Chromecast.  You were able to get this to work?

Yeah, typically when you have Chromecast across devices and browsers, it will recognize those streaming services like YouTube or Netflix and automatically have the Cast button available. But CUSA.tv is not one of those normally recognized. So, make sure you have the Chromecast extension as a part of your normal Chrome browser, and you'll be all good to go.

This streaming thing just made me realize we need to win!!  If we start winning then our games are on TV and we don't have to worry about streaming issues and homer calls.  I know I'm complaining and I will ALWAYS do whatever it takes to watch a game.  But just a different experience when we are on TV or even ESPN3 for that matter.  If Coach Littrell keeps the program in this direction it will happen soon my friends.  

On 9/25/2016 at 2:57 PM, Christopher Walker said:

Yeah, typically when you have Chromecast across devices and browsers, it will recognize those streaming services like YouTube or Netflix and automatically have the Cast button available. But CUSA.tv is not one of those normally recognized. So, make sure you have the Chromecast extension as a part of your normal Chrome browser, and you'll be all good to go.

Thanks Christopher.  For anyone that cares, it does not appear that the Chromecast extension is available for the iPhone.  However, it is readily available for the PC and I would assume Android devices.

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Thanks Christopher.  For anyone that cares, it does not appear that the Chromecast extension is available for the iPhone.  However, it is readily available for the PC and I would assume Android devices.

The extension itself may not be for the Safari browser, but there is a Chromecast app, with which you can manage your casting devices.

45 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

The extension itself may not be for the Safari browser, but there is a Chromecast app, with which you can manage your casting devices.

Well, I hat to be dense here, but I am not seeing a way to start the stream on my phone and then cast it to the Chromecast. Normally, on apps like YouTube and Netflix, there is an icon to send the stream. 

For apps that don't natively support casting you can install the Chrome browser extension and cast whatever is streaming in the active tab.

I am specifically talking about casting the CUSA stream from an iPhone.  Are you saying you were able to get this scenario to work?

53 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Well, I hat to be dense here, but I am not seeing a way to start the stream on my phone and then cast it to the Chromecast. Normally, on apps like YouTube and Netflix, there is an icon to send the stream. 

For apps that don't natively support casting you can install the Chrome browser extension and cast whatever is streaming in the active tab.

I am specifically talking about casting the CUSA stream from an iPhone.  Are you saying you were able to get this scenario to work?

Oh no, not at all. Google is not that friendly with Apple.

On 9/25/2016 at 2:40 AM, greenminer said:

My memory on this is hazy, so I am unsure, but I think kntu.fm used to actually point to the radio station.

You are correct. I forget which island nation it was, but their initials must have been FM -- meaning their websites ended in .fm, like sites in the UK will end with .uk.

And this country figured they could make money by selling their domain names to FM stations. But, it's been at least 5 years since KNTU had their site as .fm

On 9/24/2016 at 7:07 PM, MeanGreenBuzz said:

The NT feed looked great. I'm not able to get to a lot of games so I look foward to watching more NT broadcasts like it. Is our RTVF school involved?

Mean Green Productions does offer a lot of opportunities for RTVF kids -- running camera, usually.

But, the ability to stream so many games and the increased quality is due to adding another full-time guy to MGP and also an investment into the product.