Important information in regards to Rice game video stream

Harry

As you may or may not know, the webstream for games which are not carried by TV are the responsibility of each home team school in C-USA. For example, the Bethune Cookman game was UNT's responsibility and we streamed that game.  It was our cameras, our graphics and our call.  So it's Rice's responsibility to stream our FB game this weekend. Our guys have been in contact with the conference office since there has been no live event set up to this point on the CUSA TV platform. We have been told by the conference office that they are indeed streaming it and as such are trying to get Rice to publish and create the live event information. With that said -- Rice has had some turnover in their video department and we don't know if they have hired the old employee's replacement so the stream could end up being spotty. The good folks at the AD just wanted to inform you for those asking or interested in the stream. We don't want to say it will 100% be streamed until we have a link. And to let you know, any issues with the stream should be directed towards Rice athletics not UNT.  gmg

2 hours ago, Harry said:

As you may or may not know, the webstream for games which are not carried by TV are the responsibility of each home team school in C-USA. For example, the Bethune Cookman game was UNT's responsibility and we streamed that game.  It was our cameras, our graphics and our call.  So it's Rice's responsibility to stream our FB game this weekend. Our guys have been in contact with the conference office since there has been no live event set up to this point on the CUSA TV platform. We have been told by the conference office that they are indeed streaming it and as such are trying to get Rice to publish and create the live event information. With that said -- Rice has had some turnover in their video department and we don't know if they have hired the old employee's replacement so the stream could end up being spotty. The good folks at the AD just wanted to inform you for those asking or interested in the stream. We don't want to say it will 100% be streamed until we have a link. And to let you know, any issues with the stream should be directed towards Rice athletics not UNT.  gmg

CUSA should slap them on the wrist and let us do it. 

• Upvote 1

Harry, if there is a streaming link, please post in someplace in a thread. I've had a hard time finding things on MeanGreenSports in the past and hope a revamp of the site will happen. "Search" is a good thing and with all the tools available today really not that hard to do. 

As for Rice not streaming, I'm not going to be too annoyed as I don't know the circumstances of the staffing and replacement staffing issue. Yeah, you they could just bring in a temp to handle this and there are plenty of people in Houston they could bring in for a single game. If they can't find them in Houston, I know there are a bunch here in DFW. But not knowing the rules they are working under I always give folks the benefit of the doubt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks for the heads-up, Harry. When I read this I felt a fresh new ray of light coming from the Athletic Department...put a smile on this old face.

• Upvote 3

Rice game link

http://conferenceusa.com/watch/?Live=466&path=north_texas

if people buy a day pass, $6.95, buy it through UNT's CUSA site. Any subscription sold through our sites helps to give us a bigger share of the dollars. Also, they can watch any other stream going through CUSA tv for a 24 hour period with the day pass.

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Rice game link

if people buy a day pass, $6.95, buy it through UNT's CUSA site. Any subscription sold through our sites helps to give us a bigger share of the dollars. Also, they can watch any other stream going through CUSA tv for a 24 hour period with the day pass.

I streamed the Bethune Cookman game through the CUSA site and the $6.95 is worth it.  I was trying out my new internet connection out here in the boonies and the stream worked like a charm.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, edcollopy said:

I thought we did a great job on that telecast.  Very professional.  I was super pleased.  I hope everyone has that same standard

^ This. 

I think having the use of the radio broadcast overlaid on the video was pretty ingenious. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Rice game link

Do you know if it will be free after it airs like the BC game was?

On September 20, 2016 at 4:01 PM, RushnStudies said:

Oh goodness me, that's funny. Blaming the demise of the SWC on (then) poor lil' ole Rice... lulz.

Years ago Arkansas AD Frank Broyles in a feature article by Mickey Spagnola in the now defunct Dallas Times-Herald fired the first shot toward the SWC demise.  He said the SWC private schools were not towing the rope & there were too many Texas schools in the SWC. (Probably even back then prepping UA for an SEC membership bid).

If UH gets in the Big 12 look for UT & OU to start trying to pull a TAMU & leave for new surroundings.  Actually, I think that happens anyway whether UH is admitted or not.  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

3 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

Back to the subject at hand.  UNT did a great job with streaming the BC game.  I have already paid my 6.95 for the Rice game.  I would like to think a school with a 6 billion dollar Endowment can figure out how to stream the game. 

I was thinking the same thing 

3 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

I don't know about OU, but with UT, I'd say that's a given.

Much harder for the Longhorns. In my opinion no conference takes them with the Longhorn network attached  unless they really change the share agreements.

Edited by El Paso Eagle