Mean Green Nation Podcast: 66 Dirty Swamp

aztecskin

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

It could be lurkers from other opponents/teams?

No no. A clear message has been sent. A rage quit is in order. Mods, please -- 

*interruppted by messenger running into room*

*messenger whispers in Aztecskin's ear* 

*Aztecskin nods. Looks quizzically at the messenger* 

This just in: Apparently "MGN rage quit" is a bit that has been done. I am going to need a minute to think about this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

Y'all have been on this board long enough to know that complaining about -1, usually leads to more -1.

Keep up the good work. It's a fun listen.

Don't explain my jokes that makes them less fun. ;)  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhat related since I mentioned it on the show, and also because I do not want to Vito the thread list:

http://meangreennation.com/film-room-quickie-florida/ < -- some thoughts on that first pass play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, aztecskin said:

Don't explain my jokes that makes them less fun. ;)  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhat related since I mentioned it on the show, and also because I do not want to Vito the thread list:

http://meangreennation.com/film-room-quickie-florida/ < -- some thoughts on that first pass play. 

q: could the Y have been running the divide, while the H and Z are running the Drive? Either way, Buyers needs to get out of that cut quicker. 

ETA: Either Buyers could have been open sooner, or opened up a soft spot for Y.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Appreciate your opinions, although there are a lot in this; I don't agree with.   Lot of criticism of the offense which is obviously appropriate, however I do disagree with some of the comments.   Questioned playing Fine, but what is a better option?  A relative immobile Morris; who probably would have been destroyed in this game, or perhaps another QB that has not even seen the field.   I also think the offensive coordinator is learning on the job.  However, I am not going to fault him for running the NT offense.    Playing Dickey style "let's get the game over offense" is not going to help the team.  

It is apparent relative to the Wheeler tackle of Del Rio that people can see whatever they want to in that play.    I don't agree that he was coming in to hit the QB low.  There is just no way to know what his intent was giving there was contact with the blocker.

Keep up the good work

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Aldo said:

q: could the Y have been running the divide, while the H and Z are running the Drive? Either way, Buyers needs to get out of that cut quicker. 

ETA: Either Buyers could have been open sooner, or opened up a soft spot for Y.

After publishing I realized that we do not see Y finish his route so it *could* be a clear out, corner route, or the dig as I assumed. But yeah, the short stuff at three steps were not open. The intermediate IN was covered and the Z was jammed up. No where for Fine to go to. I would have liked a drag from Y or something. But I mean, if Harrell is saying "this should be an easy completion" then I cannot really complain too hard. Thus the post. 

34 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Questioned playing Fine, but what is a better option?  A relative immobile Morris; who probably would have been destroyed in this game, or perhaps another QB that has not even seen the field.   I also think the offensive coordinator is learning on the job.  However, I am not going to fault him for running the NT offense.    Playing Dickey style "let's get the game over offense" is not going to help the team.  

I do not disagree with playing Fine, but yes, I do think Harrell could have tweaked the offense a bit to protect him a little bit. I don't mind running the full offense but not in that first series situation, where we were backed up. I said I am not a fan of uber conservative play calling but yeah Greg did advocate for running all day everyday. I don't agree with that. The above link made me soften my stance a bit, but still, I think there has got to be an easier throw in the playbook.

Re: Morris. I said that his not playing indicated that we were forsaking the immediate Nice Scoreboard for (hopefully) greater returns in the future. In the immediate aftermath that is deflating and demoralizing. But after a few days the rationale is clearer. That's the point I was trying to make. I did not expect Morris to fare better against this defense considering his previous outings, but still. 

• Upvote 2