Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Mean Green Nation Podcast: 66 Dirty Swamp


aztecskin
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

It could be lurkers from other opponents/teams?

No no. A clear message has been sent. A rage quit is in order. Mods, please -- 

*interruppted by messenger running into room*

*messenger whispers in Aztecskin's ear* 

*Aztecskin nods. Looks quizzically at the messenger* 

This just in: Apparently "MGN rage quit" is a bit that has been done. I am going to need a minute to think about this. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

Y'all have been on this board long enough to know that complaining about -1, usually leads to more -1.

Keep up the good work. It's a fun listen.

Don't explain my jokes that makes them less fun. ;)  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhat related since I mentioned it on the show, and also because I do not want to Vito the thread list:

http://meangreennation.com/film-room-quickie-florida/ < -- some thoughts on that first pass play. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aztecskin said:

Don't explain my jokes that makes them less fun. ;)  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhat related since I mentioned it on the show, and also because I do not want to Vito the thread list:

http://meangreennation.com/film-room-quickie-florida/ < -- some thoughts on that first pass play. 

q: could the Y have been running the divide, while the H and Z are running the Drive? Either way, Buyers needs to get out of that cut quicker. 

ETA: Either Buyers could have been open sooner, or opened up a soft spot for Y.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appreciate your opinions, although there are a lot in this; I don't agree with.   Lot of criticism of the offense which is obviously appropriate, however I do disagree with some of the comments.   Questioned playing Fine, but what is a better option?  A relative immobile Morris; who probably would have been destroyed in this game, or perhaps another QB that has not even seen the field.   I also think the offensive coordinator is learning on the job.  However, I am not going to fault him for running the NT offense.    Playing Dickey style "let's get the game over offense" is not going to help the team.  

It is apparent relative to the Wheeler tackle of Del Rio that people can see whatever they want to in that play.    I don't agree that he was coming in to hit the QB low.  There is just no way to know what his intent was giving there was contact with the blocker.

Keep up the good work



 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Aldo said:

q: could the Y have been running the divide, while the H and Z are running the Drive? Either way, Buyers needs to get out of that cut quicker. 

ETA: Either Buyers could have been open sooner, or opened up a soft spot for Y.

After publishing I realized that we do not see Y finish his route so it *could* be a clear out, corner route, or the dig as I assumed. But yeah, the short stuff at three steps were not open. The intermediate IN was covered and the Z was jammed up. No where for Fine to go to. I would have liked a drag from Y or something. But I mean, if Harrell is saying "this should be an easy completion" then I cannot really complain too hard. Thus the post. 
 

34 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

  Questioned playing Fine, but what is a better option?  A relative immobile Morris; who probably would have been destroyed in this game, or perhaps another QB that has not even seen the field.   I also think the offensive coordinator is learning on the job.  However, I am not going to fault him for running the NT offense.    Playing Dickey style "let's get the game over offense" is not going to help the team.  

I do not disagree with playing Fine, but yes, I do think Harrell could have tweaked the offense a bit to protect him a little bit. I don't mind running the full offense but not in that first series situation, where we were backed up. I said I am not a fan of uber conservative play calling but yeah Greg did advocate for running all day everyday. I don't agree with that. The above link made me soften my stance a bit, but still, I think there has got to be an easier throw in the playbook.

Re: Morris. I said that his not playing indicated that we were forsaking the immediate Nice Scoreboard for (hopefully) greater returns in the future. In the immediate aftermath that is deflating and demoralizing. But after a few days the rationale is clearer. That's the point I was trying to make. I did not expect Morris to fare better against this defense considering his previous outings, but still. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.