The Wheeler hit was not intentional

Harry

2 minutes ago, Big E said:

Watch the video frame by frame.  The blocker's bottom of his right foot trips Wheeler's bottom of his left foot and he immediately moves from a running position to a diving position.  The bottom of their cleats touched...cleat on cleat.  You can clearly see Wheeler's left leg extend in a disrupted fashion after being tripped.

The conspiracy goes much deeper than that, my friend.

There was a second tripper.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, rcade said:

What was Wheeler's girlfriend doing?  Was she trying to pull the coach back or was she trying to get away?  There had to be a second tripper, Noone can get that many trips off in 3 seconds from a bolt action shoe.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What was Wheeler's girlfriend doing?  Was she trying to pull the coach back or was she trying to get away?  There had to be a second tripper, Noone can get that many trips off in 3 seconds from a bolt action shoe.

I heard that after the play, #30 went and hid in the film room. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, chomp said:

As someone who has attended his fair share of both Mean Green and Gator games, I was going to restrain myself from chiming in, but here goes: the entire Del Rio incident was an example of how unfortunate things can sometimes happen even when people are just doing their jobs. Wheeler was just doing his job trying to get to Del Rio. Between getting around the Gator OL and trying to get the sack, I can't possibly see how Wheeler could have possibly had the time or physical ability to plan out making a specific hit to injure Del Rio. McElwain was also doing his job, he is in his second year, has a new, unproven QB, and needs to get both the team and the Gator fanbase to buy in to him. Raising a ruckus after the Del Rio injury seemed like exactly the thing to do to show a young Gator team that their coach has their back. This is all the more important for a time that has to travel to Tennessee next week and will do so with an even less proven QB. Littrell has the same job as McElwain, show his team and Mean Green fans that he will fight for them and get them ready for bigger battles down the road. Standing up to McElwain was exactly the way to do that. No need for anyone to hate anyone here. That is why Georgia fans exist, for everyone to hate.

Yep.  Good luck against Tennessee and I hope Del Rio is healthy for it.  Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and others will develop the common sense you have if they relook at the recordings with an open mind.  The social media blitz against Littrell is a shame, but he needs to have thick skin in his role. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Gatorbait said:

Luckily we took the high road and didn't retaliate. 

Your players threw punches and yanked facemasks. Facemasks aren't always intentional, but closed-fisted punches are. Your coach committed an act that would have gotten a manager in the MLB tossed from the game. No, no... your team didn't do diddly squat.

3 hours ago, rcade said:

Oh my God, that is freakin' funny.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, LongJim said:

You don't know what you're talking about, Kreskin.  

Luckily your QB wasnt injured worse because of your left tackle--because his ass was beat on the play--tripping our player into his own man.

Now go on and see if you can help out with that sinkhole down in Mulberry, and haul your troll ass out of here.

It was the TE Goolsby chippping out on the edge that tried to trip (and kind of did trip) Wheeler, not the LT. 

• Upvote 2