Nickname ideas for QB Mason Fine

Harry

3 hours ago, NTEdgex2 said:

Please do not insult this young man.  He has shown this university nothing but the utmost respect.  Full disclosure: my husband is a member of the Choctaw Tribe.

GMG!

We have all been schooled by one of the most devoted fans in this area in NTEdgex2. Hey, maybe call him "Mason"?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guys, let's not go overboard here. Cherokee is not a race, it is a tribe or nation. Native American is a race. Nobody is saying to call him the Indian Outlaw(like the Tim McGraw song) or anything like Caucasian Sensation or African-American "fill-in-the-blank. Calling him something like the Cherokee Champ is more along the lines of Nigerian Nightmare, Dunkin Dutchman, or The Swede. Let's relax a little around here, shall we? 

41555105.jpg

Having said all that, I think we can come up with better names although as said before, it is a bit premature for nicknames.

Thinks like:

related to his hometown?

The Locust Grove Assassin

The Treasure Trove from Locust Grove

related to his name?

Mason "I'm too short?" Fine!

A'Mason Mason Fine

or maybe something based on his initials?

1 bad MF

or 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The DT Eraser...

24 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Guys, let's not go overboard here. Cherokee is not a race, it is a tribe or nation. Native American is a race. Nobody is saying to call him the Indian Outlaw(like the Tim McGraw song) or anything like Caucasian Sensation or African-American "fill-in-the-blank. Calling him something like the Cherokee Champ is more along the lines of Nigerian Nightmare, Dunkin Dutchman, or The Swede. Let's relax a little around here, shall we? 

41555105.jpg

Having said all that, I think we can come up with better names although as said before, it is a bit premature for nicknames.

Thinks like:

related to his hometown?

The Locust Grove Assassin

The Treasure Trove from Locust Grove

related to his name?

Mason "I'm too short?" Fine!

A'Mason Mason Fine

or maybe something based on his initials?

1 bad MF

or 

Love Flight of the Concords

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think you're on to something here:

ffca9c17fc291c0c144a3fba7f7a689c.jpg

I want every old white dude at work right now to go to youtube, pull up anything by Too Short and turn their speakers up to 100%. have someone record that for me too, please. 

also, Fine Young Mason-Balls is the correct answer

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I want every old white dude at work right now to go to youtube, pull up anything by Too Short and turn their speakers up to 100%. have someone record that for me too, please. 

also, Fine Young Mason-Balls is the correct answer

Bonus points if you play Freaky Tales all the way through.

I don't know about a nickname for him,

but looking into the future i am hoping that he is successful enough that we can have the....

MASON FINE SHRINE. (preferably outside apogee stadium)

....Mic Drop

bstnsportsfan out!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Downvote 3

22 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Biting my tongue in this one, but knew it wouldn't be long until people started suggesting nicknames based on his Native American heritage. Let me guess, you guys are 1/164th Cherokee yourself, so it's okay? Talking about or celebrating his heritage is one thing, but nicknames based on race/ethnicity is generally not okay.. Replace any of the above with even the politically correct "African-American" such as "the African-American Express" and see how well that goes over with our athletes.

Smh. 

Heritage, cultural, and state/country references are abound in athletic traditions, both nomenclature and branding.  Florida State Seminoles are a great example.

If you're referring to a racial slur (like Redskins), I don't see one leading up to your post.  Maybe I missed it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Heritage, cultural, and state/country references are abound in athletic traditions, both nomenclature and branding.  Florida State Seminoles are a great example.

If you're referring to a racial slur (like Redskins), I don't see one leading up to your post.  Maybe I missed it.

Unfortunately, it's the usual culprits and I have to suspect it isn't analogous to what you're talking about when I've seen the nickname "chief" suggested on here before. Plus, you're speaking of team names, not individuals. Like I said, try to same with any other race or culture and see how it sounds. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1