Who is making the trip to Florida?

Magic95Fan

31 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

I'm in!.  Me and a buddy are flying out tonight & we have 5 more arriving tomorrow night.  15th annual "body-bag road trip!  We're staying in St Augustine until Saturday and look forward to a nice UF tailgating scene.  The ticket office put us in section 38.  Not sure if that's the UNT section but I'm guessing it is.

2002 -- Texas
2003 -- Oklahoma
2004 -- Texas
2005 -- LSU (Katrina'd)
2006 -- Texas
2007 -- Oklahoma
2008 -- LSU (Ike'd)
2009 -- Alabama
2010 -- Clemson
2011 -- Alabama
2012 -- LSU (Isaac'd -- for some)
2013 -- Georgia
2014 – Texas
2015 -- Tennessee
2016 – Florida

you sir are a glutton for punishment.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You are correct sir.  haha.  Actually, last year was the "best" of the beatdowns as 24-0 was the closest margin of defeat we ever had on those trips.  Honorable mentions go to Texas in 2002 (27-0) and 2010 Clemson (35-10).  Worst ones have gotta be the 65-0 loss to Texas in 2004 and the 79-14 thumping by OU in Dodge's first season (2007).  But it's been a lot of good memories along the way, some of which thankfully was not recorded -- and for others in our group, unfortunately some stuff was recorded.  LOL.

OK, sorry for hijacking this thread.  I now return you to the roll call for Florida.  Bueller?  Bueller?

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Honorable mentions go to Texas in 2002 (27-0) 

Man the defense was incredible that game.   Texas (11-2, #5AP) rushed 34 times for 27 yards.    We sacked Chris Simms 8 times.  Simms also only went 17/29 for 187 yards.  

Special teams (gave up almost 30 yards a punt return) and our inalienably to even budge the ball on offense buried us.  

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Man the defense was incredible that game.   Texas (11-2, #5AP) rushed 34 times for 27 yards.    We sacked Chris Simms 8 times.  Simms also only went 17/29 for 187 yards.  

Special teams (gave up almost 30 yards a punt return) and our inalienably to even budge the ball on offense buried us.  

I think we crossed midfield once in that 2002 UT game.

But Booger absolutely owned their offense that night.

5 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I think we crossed midfield once in that 2002 UT game.

But Booger absolutely owned their offense that night.

I remember listening to Mack Brown's postgame show on the radio after getting to my car. He praised Booger repeatedly and called him an All-American

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

That was my first UNT game to see in person. I was in high school and had never hear of UNT. I walked away saying "Who was that school!? They play tough!" Who would have guessed that I would end up transferring there to finish up my school?

• Upvote 3

Had to cancel our plans at the last minute. I have a hotel room for two nights if someone needs accommodations. One King bed with sofa bed at Hampton Inn, 101 SE 1st Street, Gainesville, FL.  Reservation is nonrefundable, so I would love to recover some of the cost. Paid $200/night. Going to post it on a few websites as well.