'18 QB Jason Bean (Mansfield Lake Ridge)

GMG24

27 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

How does his film look? @MGNation92 @BTG_Fan1 @BillySee58

Footwork could use little work. Strong arm, can definitely run(His HUDL says 4.65 Sparq verified). Definitely could stand to put on weight. Throws well on the run, good release.

Definitely the best QB recruit we've gotten in a long time

Edit: Definitely not a pro at diagnosing film. That's just what I think

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Very nice pick up. I can't wait to watch the qb competition.

With us having Fine, Pearson, Izzy this year, and then the additions next year (hopefully) of Martin and Bean that will be a very nice QB room. 

What is another positive to take away as well is that every HS QB we have gotten has been an improvement. Fine to Pearson to Martin to Bean. Bring these kids in let them challenge for the job. Fine nor Pearson are not going to give anyway the job without a fight and that is needed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Fine, Pearson, Martin and Bean is a great young group of QB's.  I challenge anyone that has followed this program to list a better group of young QB's in our history.  Throw in the potential of Isadore and Shanbour and we should be set for a while.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This link to his track results exhibits his athleticism.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=9304017#/L0

And, here is a good article on Bean having to replace Jett Duffy at Mansfield Lake Ridge.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/mansfield-news-mirror/mnm-sports/article96196672.html

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Footwork could use little work. Strong arm, can definitely run(His HUDL says 4.65 Sparq verified). Definitely could stand to put on weight. Throws well on the run, good release.

Definitely the best QB recruit we've gotten in a long time

Edit: Definitely not a pro at diagnosing film. That's just what I think

If he ran 4.65 sparq verified he's probably a high 4.4 low 4.5 hand time and that's scooting for a QB who isn't considered Dual threat

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Thanks for posting this link.  I had watched some other film but they have been older.  This film is night and day better.  Instead of throwing a lot of jump balls from the back of his heals, this JR film shows him standing tall in the pocket and making decisive throws.  Big arm, quick feet, speed, decisive ... love this commitment.

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Thanks for posting this link.  I had watched some other film but they have been older.  This film is night and day better.  Instead of throwing a lot of jump balls from the back of his heals, this JR film shows him standing tall in the pocket and making decisive throws.  Big arm, quick feet, speed ... love this commitment.

Agree, much better than the sophomore tape I watched.  Nice compact motion.  Doesn't have the wasted move down to his hip and then back up in order to throw.  Looks good!

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Agree, much better than the sophomore tape I watched.  Nice compact motion.  Doesn't have the wasted move down to his hip and then back up in order to throw.  Looks good!

For future reference you can always click on videos at top of profile, then you can see all videos. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This link to his track results exhibits his athleticism.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=9304017#/L0

And, here is a good article on Bean having to replace Jett Duffy at Mansfield Lake Ridge.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/mansfield-news-mirror/mnm-sports/article96196672.html

For reference, Deion Hair-Griffin's(arguably our fastest player on the roster) PR for the 200 was 22.55 

Bean's PR is only .12 slower. Home run threat through the air and ground

• Upvote 3