'18 QB Jason Bean (Mansfield Lake Ridge)

GMG24

On September 14, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Aldo said:

Staff is not only working on this next class, but the one after?

Refreshing.

On September 14, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Army of Dad said:

That's how this is supposed to work...nice to see we have a staff that knows this...

This board in general has been so quick to jump to touting Littrell's superiority over Mccarney at nearly every turn. I'm almost surprised there weren't any "if Mac were still here we would've only had 56 passing yards," after the Florida game.

The truth is, Mccarney had his fair share of 2017 offers out before he was fired, and he had more commits at this point in 2014 and 2015 than Littrell currently has. Things are very different, but if Littrell really is such an upgrade then he won't need Mccarney's shortcomings to be embellished. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

This board in general has been so quick to jump to touting Littrell's superiority over Mccarney at nearly every turn. I'm almost surprised there weren't any "if Mac were still here we would've only had 56 passing yards," after the Florida game.

The truth is, Mccarney had his fair share of 2017 offers out before he was fired, and he had more commits at this point in 2014 and 2015 than Littrell currently has. Things are very different, but if Littrell really is such an upgrade then he won't need Mccarney's shortcomings to be embellished. 

It may have started with RV.  RV stated at some point that Littrell had quarterbacks on their board two and three years down the line when Mac only had 2016.   Perhaps that was RV embellishing (wouldn't be surprise) or Mac didn't recruit quarterbacks that early but did recruit other positions.

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

While that may be true, McCarney didn't finish strong. He had two commits (and it turned into one?) by the time he was fired. It's been a while since we've seen active recruiting, and it's a good feeling. Like we are getting back on track.

The fact that our QB commit is doing decently is also refreshing.

• Upvote 3

• 8 months later...
10 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Now has offer from: LA Tech, Colorado State, SMU, & UNT. Does anyone know if we are still pursuing Mr. Bean? I really like his film and feel like he is my favorite available QB of who we have offered so far.

Good question.  Wonder why he isn't listed on our offer list.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Woah, what? That would be huge

Absolutely. Maybe thats why the UNTGridiron twitter didn't announce the area code of Kason Martin? Maybe they offered as a Blueshirt and were going after Bean as well? 

I'm pretty sure he's the only Mansfield QB we're recruiting

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Absolutely. Maybe thats why the UNTGridiron twitter didn't announce the area code of Kason Martin? Maybe they offered as a Blueshirt and were going after Bean as well? 

I'm pretty sure he's the only Mansfield QB we're recruiting

Interesting thought and totally makes sense.  Hope this comes true.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

@TheReal_jayD 👀👀👀

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/football/article130369419.html

Ranked #9 recruit in FW

http://247sports.com/Player/Jason-Bean-93779

For some reason 247 doesn't list his other offers. You best believe if he commits here I'm going to send an email saying to update it 😂.

👀👀👀👀

• Upvote 3