Watch North Texas vs Florida from Rudy's Bar-B-Q in Allen

UNT 90 Grad

RUDY'S BAR-B-Q IN ALLEN - SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH

The watching party begins at 6 p.m. in the Rudy's banquet room, kickoff at 6:30. There will be door prizes and giveaways, courtesy of the University of North Texas Alumni Association, including some new-this-year door prizes like UNT Alumni pennants, beer glasses, and sports bottles co-branded with the Mean Green Club . No cost to attend, food and beverages available for purchase. Open to anyone and everyone. Watching the broadcast with fellow Mean Green fans is the next best thing to being at the game!

b_142994137751.jpeg?v=141016

Rudy's is located at 1790 N. Central Expressway in Allen, next to Cabela's.

PLEASE POST BELOW IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT ATTEND!

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

will the game be on at rudy's in denton?

Not sure, but you'd think it would be at least on one of their TVs.   

Nice thing about the Allen event is that they will kill the restaurant music in the banquet room and crank up the game audio.   You probably won't get that many other places (especially outside of Denton).

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meangreen08 said:

I don't understand this, how could the Rudy's in Denton not have one????? THEY HOST THE COACHES SHOW.

It just takes someone willing to organize it and work with Rudy's in Denton to hold one there.  

Keep in mind that the event in Allen is being hosted AT Rudy's in Allen, not BY Rudy's in Allen. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Just out of curiosity, if I can't make it today, is this a common watching venue?

Do you normally have the party for all televised games?

I normally do this for televised or streamed away games.  The location sometimes depends on who's carrying the game.  For example, last year several games were on Fox College Sports, which many restaurants can't get through DirecTV due to some weird DirecTV rules, so I hosted the events at Fuzzy's, who has Time Warner Cable. 

This year I'll likely do all remaining away games at Rudy's with a few exceptions.  The Rice and UTSA games don't look to be carried or streamed by anyone, so I can't do those.  The Western Kentucky game will be streamed, but it will depend on if I can get access to the HDMI port on the new Rudy's TV.  I believe the UTEP game will only be streamed as well. 

TMI?

Just now, UNT 90 Grad said:

I normally do this for televised or streamed away games.  The location sometimes depends on who's carrying the game.  For example, last year several games were on Fox College Sports, which many restaurants can't get through DirecTV due to some weird DirecTV rules, so I hosted the events at Fuzzy's, who has Time Warner Cable. 

This year I'll likely do all remaining away games at Rudy's with a few exceptions.  The Rice and UTSA games don't look to be carried or streamed by anyone, so I can't do those.  The Western Kentucky game will be streamed, but it will depend on if I can get access to the HDMI port on the new Rudy's TV.  I believe the UTEP game will only be streamed as well. 

TMI?

Not at all! Thanks a lot. I have been really wanting to meet some guys from the board, but life keeps getting in the way. Just wanted to make sure I would get another chance at the Rudy's cause it is like 5 miles from my house.