Top 25 College Sports Logos

Harry

"Striking but understated, strong but subtle and just all-around awesome. And after years of endlessly toying with the shade of green, Michigan State North Texas finally hit the jackpot."

Seems to be an apt description of the SOW.  I may not be totally sold on our shade of green, but I'd prefer we stick with it and not change the shade ever again.

• Upvote 1

The logos that I really like are Air Force, Navy, Army, Michigan State, LSU, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Texas, OU, Kansas, Colorado, Texas Tech, Baylor, Penn State, UTEP and our very own Flying Worm 2.0 that we now use.

I think that Mizzou, Alabama, K-State, Iowa State, UTSA, Purdue, Okie Lite, Oregon, Washington State, Arkansas, and Kentucky are anywhere from bad to just terrible...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Maybe they don't count this year, but I've always liked UAB:

uab-logo.gif

As for Texas, they get the love simply because they're Texas, but all I ever see is: 

7Taoy8ARc.png  female-reproductive-system.jpeg

Edit:  My teenage daughter, currently a Fighting Farmer of Lewisville, who would have guaranteed admission to Texas if she wanted it, said, "Tell me how it's an improvement to go from being a farmer to being a cow?"

It looks like she may have picked up some of her dad's wit.  I like.

• Upvote 1

If I'm correct, the Iowa logo was introduced by Hayden Fry, so I'd say it owes it's inspiration to the Flying Worm.  And similarly, the K-State logo, since Bill Snyder was one of Fry's assistants here, and at Iowa.

Interesting that Washington State's logo is popular again.  Not too many years ago it was considered terribly dated.  I guess it's the general nostalgia for the 70's.

So, given all of that, maybe we should go back to the "Worm"?!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Stix said:

If I'm correct, the Iowa logo was introduced by Hayden Fry, so I'd say it owes it's inspiration to the Flying Worm.  And similarly, the K-State logo, since Bill Snyder was one of Fry's assistants here, and at Iowa.

Interesting that Washington State's logo is popular again.  Not too many years ago it was considered terribly dated.  I guess it's the general nostalgia for the 70's.

I think Washington State's thing has something to do with their ubiquity amongst the "College Game Day" Saturday morning show, and the commitment to have its flag represented wherever possible. It's sheer volume of exposure, and now a bit of lore.

12 hours ago, Stix said:

Love this Idea!! Or throw it into the rotation of like 4-6 games

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

I love this look...would like it even more if the green matched, but that's another subject

Yeah, I know what they were doing, which was including elements from different eras, but I think it would've looked more cohesive if they'd outlined the eagle with the dark green, and then put lime green accents on the jersey and pants. Still, this logo speaks to me, and I wasn't even around when we used it.

• Upvote 1