Rice Game Tickets?

Green Nightmare

I just bought my tix and booked hotel.  I saw the UNT Alumni Association is doing a free tailgate before the game.  Hopefully we can get a good crowd down there.   Rice looks beatable. 

Good hotel deals at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks.  Close to campus.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I just bought my tix and booked hotel.  I saw the UNT Alumni Association is doing a free tailgate before the game.  Hopefully we can get a good crowd down there.   Rice looks beatable. 

Please share the details! I'm seriously considering making the trip.

9 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Please share the details! I'm seriously considering making the trip.

I booked through Expedia.   $72/night (half off regular rate).   I saw the same rate through other booking sites as well for that hotel.  It's less than 2 miles from campus.  I'm staying that Friday and Saturday night.   

• Upvote 1

Rice Stadium is super easy to get tickets at the door.  I forget how much they were 2 years ago but its a huge stadium and nobody from Rice goes to games. Parking used to be free but may be $5 now.  For those who are unfamiliar with Houston, next to the stadium on the west side is Rice village which has bars and restaurants to pre game and post game.  The Houston Alumni chapter is also going to have a tailgate tent with some food and beverages, so you will see us out there in the parking lot.

13 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

If this team develops as I think they will both Rice & Army look beatable, but we are biased, too.

If we'd only played B.C before SMU then (IMHO) you'd had a 4'th quarter nail-biter of a game and (who knows) maybe even a win. 

GMG!

PS:  First college football game I saw was at Rice Stadium with the Owls hosting Baylor in the early 60's.   Baylor QB Don Trull was flinging  passes to receiver Lawrence "Don't Call Me Larrry" Elkins.  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

2 hours ago, UNT SigEp said:

Rice Stadium is super easy to get tickets at the door.  I forget how much they were 2 years ago but its a huge stadium and nobody from Rice goes to games. Parking used to be free but may be $5 now.  For those who are unfamiliar with Houston, next to the stadium on the west side is Rice village which has bars and restaurants to pre game and post game.  The Houston Alumni chapter is also going to have a tailgate tent with some food and beverages, so you will see us out there in the parking lot.

GA tickets are $20 at the gate. I imagine one could find an empty seat or two close to mid field. Rice Stadium is huge.

• Upvote 1