Butt Cookman game prediction thread

UNT90

39 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

UNT- 45

BC- 10

There is a HUGE difference between Mac's 2015 Port St. defeated team playing and SL's team going into Saturday. We'll actually see a team that hasn't given up on their coach and teammates. I think a lot of you are still traumatized by last year's homecoming. It will be alright guys.

Someone already mentioned this. But I fully expect both Morris and Fine slinging passes out there on Saturday. 

FCS wins over FBS are uncommon, but they do happen at least a couple of times every year. The debacle last year was an outlier in terms of score, but at this point, taking a decent FCS seriously is warranted.

23 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

FCS wins over FBS are uncommon, but they do happen at least a couple of times every year. The debacle last year was an outlier in terms of score, but at this point, taking a decent FCS seriously is warranted.

What do you think Mike Leach would say about that today?  Portland State last year, Eastern Washington last weekend. The Pirate better get his ship together or he will be forced to walk the plank!

47 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

True, they do happen every year, but I see SL, staff and team correcting last week's mistakes and winning going away.  Just a feeling, but I think they expected to win last week and were embarrassed by their performance.  SL won't let that happen two weeks in a row.  This team has a totally different feel to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I think UNT will struggle to squeeze out a win against Bitt Cookman. 

The mobile QB scares me.

I think so, too.

I feel like it will be a close win for the good guys, but probably settled very late. 

It seems funny to say this so early, but this will probably the biggest game of the year for the team and for Littrell. You lose, and 0-12 is a probability. You win, you move forward and you can tell recruits that we are moving upward from the depths of 2015. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I think UNT will struggle to squeeze out a win against Butt Cookman. 

The mobile QB scares me.

It's not so much their QB, but the fact that their talent and depth is pretty equal to ours. I'd say their WRs are more proven. I'd say their OL is better than ours. I'd say their DL is pretty deep. 

7 1st team All MEAC Preseaon selections. If you put UNT in their conference I'm not sure we'd have 7. 

We might have slightly better depth and overall talent. I think our players are more sound fundamentally. So we should get a W, but close. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, UNT90 said:

The mobile QB scares me.

Not a Davis-type improviser. He's not elusive in that way (very sluggish cuts vs Davis' more deer-like ability). More like a running back that needs a clear lane. 

He's got a good arm, though, and his receivers are good.

So give me

Best Marching Band in The Land - 31

We Wear Our Band Uniforms - 17

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Not a Davis-type improviser. He's not elusive in that way (very sluggish cuts vs Davis' more deer-like ability). More like a running back that needs a clear lane. 

He's got a good arm, though, and his receivers are good.

So give me

Best Marching Band in The Land - 31

We Wear Our Band Uniforms - 17

So you waited to look over my Inside the Gridiron-Cookman to make your prediction ay? You had to analyze all the stats.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Not necessarily. He might not be a book nerd and that might of led to him going to a lesser school

then he would be at Utep they have no standards-99.9% acceptance rate, the only guy who did not get in applied through the mail and forgot to put a stamp on the envelope.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2016 at 7:24 PM, southsideguy said:

No way he is good as the smut qb on running, or he would not be at cookman

Or Brihm wanted to stay close to his home in Delray Beach. He is also listed at 5'11" which probably puts him closer to 5'9" or 5'10". That takes away a lot of offers as our own Mason Fine knows all to well. Matt Davis is listed between 6'0" and 6'2" depending on the source.

1 hour ago, Eagle-96 said:

Or Brihm wanted to stay close to his home in Delray Beach. He is also listed at 5'11" which probably puts him closer to 5'9" or 5'10". That takes away a lot of offers as our own Mason Fine knows all to well. Matt Davis is listed between 6'0" and 6'2" depending on the source.

i guess we find out sat.

http://www.bcuathletics.com/news/2016/9/6/football-all-possibilities-remain-for-wildcats-in-2016.aspx

Looks like BC didn't look great on offense in the quarter and a half they played last Saturday. This about Brihm:

"Redshirt junior quarterback Larry Brihm, Jr. didn't look exactly comfortable under center. He overthrew receivers and failed to read blitzes accurately. However, Brihm had success running, but had a critical fumble inside the Wildcats 20-yard line that led to the go-ahead score for the Braves.

Brihm only looked good passing on the Wildcats' lone scoring drive, which ended with him finding Jontavious Carter for a long pass with a beautiful pump fake. On that drive, Brihm got going by connecting with Carter on a number of underneath routes. Carter looks like one heck of a weapon at receiver. He was the offensive star of the day. Carter has the size and speed to give defensive backs fits throughout the remainder of the season."

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, Mean_Green09 said:

It's not so much their QB, but the fact that their talent and depth is pretty equal to ours. I'd say their WRs are more proven. [/b]I'd say their OL is better than ours.[/b] I'd say their DL is pretty deep. 

7 1st team All MEAC Preseaon selections. If you put UNT in their conference I'm not sure we'd have 7. 

We might have slightly better depth and overall talent. I think our players are more sound fundamentally. So we should get a W, but close. 

Just curious, how did you come to the above bolded conclusions?

Edited by UNTLifer