Report on the Alumni Pavillion?

UNT 90 Grad

Regretfully I didn't make it to the Alumni Pavilion before the game Saturday.  Well, technically I made it over there, but I arrived before it opened and didn't make it back. 

How was the live music?  New food offerings?  $3 beer?  $10 admission for non-members?

Who checked it out and what did you think of the changes?  I plan on being there Saturday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Band was nice, not too loud....fajitas for food offering, local craft beers....place was packed, more tables than I remember before.....Hope it stays this way all year!!!!  This is they way it should be.....may have to increase the size if this keeps up....

Maybe we'll need two more oil change garages? Sweet! 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Kinda annoyed they didn't open until 4 pm. 

That is why I did not trek up the hill...I did not want to miss the Mean Green March. Then too, there was the allure of Tony's balls, good fellowship where I was, and my guests. I'll try to make it this weekend and I'm glad you reminded us about the late opening.

My best experiences in the Alumni Pavillion have always been on not game days.  I've gone there a couple times to watch streams of away games, and they did some kind of Octoberfest thing there a couple years.  

The game day thing, I can see going there every once in a while, but a two hours before kickoff opening is a little odd, and I just always struggle to pay (last I remember) four bucks a beer when it's free flowing throughout the tailgate environment, be it stuff I brought or stuff I steal from @THOR.  

I've commented before that it would be considerably more attractive if they had maybe some less common craft beers or something.  But honestly, I don't know who runs the beer sales or what the limitations/possibilities are on that.  

I've always liked the food offerings there, and have always found myself engaged in some pleasant conversation when I do make the trek up.  

Overall, I should consider re-joining one of these days.  The one year I did join, I recall that there were some pretty cool events to attend.  

(The above is not permission for email/PM inundations of membership solicitation.  If I find it a priority in my life, I'll get there)

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

My best experiences in the Alumni Pavillion have always been on not game days.  I've gone there a couple times to watch streams of away games, and they did some kind of Octoberfest thing there a couple years.  

The game day thing, I can see going there every once in a while, but a two hours before kickoff opening is a little odd, and I just always struggle to pay (last I remember) four bucks a beer when it's free flowing throughout the tailgate environment, be it stuff I brought or stuff I steal from @THOR.  

I've commented before that it would be considerably more attractive if they had maybe some less common craft beers or something.  But honestly, I don't know who runs the beer sales or what the limitations/possibilities are on that.  

I've always liked the food offerings there, and have always found myself engaged in some pleasant conversation when I do make the trek up.  

Overall, I should consider re-joining one of these days.  The one year I did join, I recall that there were some pretty cool events to attend.  

(The above is not permission for email/PM inundations of membership solicitation.  If I find it a priority in my life, I'll get there)

You asked for it, you got it. They brought in Craft Beer this year. 

• Upvote 2

On September 6, 2016 at 9:14 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Regretfully I didn't make it to the Alumni Pavilion before the game Saturday.  Well, technically I made it over there, but I arrived before it opened and didn't make it back. 

How was the live music?  New food offerings?  $3 beer?  $10 admission for non-members?

Who checked it out and what did you think of the changes?  I plan on being there Saturday. 

Thought it was great. With the doors opened and the band playing outside it was great enviroment! Thanks to all!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

Beer was $3.  Water and sodas were $1.  Our first time there, with my newly-minted UNT grad wife.  The band was good, and the food was good too.  Wife really enjoyed it, which was a good thing.  We'll definitely be back.

And hey, the free oil changes thing is great too! 

• Upvote 2