Quarterback height

eulessismore

All that said, I can only guess at a player's height based on a photo like that, and I think the margin of error would be probably within about the two inch range that everyone's arguing about. (2 inches from 5'8"-5'10").

Either way, at any height from 5'8"-5'11", his height will be a factor. But he's got time to learn how to deal with it in this offense. He's a baby right now. 

Getting him real game experience is only going to help (as long as he stays healthy), and the situation on Saturday was a fine opportunity (no pun intended). Hopefully we can put ourselves in a better position this weekend to do it again, by being UP a couple of touchdowns, instead of down.

Although, I'm totally mentally prepared for either situation, unfortunately. 

Speed of the game. It's a big jump from high school to college, college to NFL. Get used to the game speed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/4/2016 at 6:27 PM, TreeFiddy said:

Who is 5-8?  Not Mason Fine unless he has shrunk.  Please spread that misinformation somewhere else.  He is listed at 5-11 (probably more likely between 5-10 and 5-11).  There are photos of him next to Littrell, who is 5-10, and Fine appears to be slightly taller than Littrell.

Know who else is 5-11?  Greg Ward at UH.  He seemed to do ok against OU this weekend.

Fine was standing next to Wilson on multiple occasions and Wilson was clearly 3-4 inches taller than Fine.  Yes, he's listed at 5'11 but I saw him stand next to a guy who's just at 6'0.  I know some of you older guys don't understand angles and how one angle can turn a 190-pound girl into one that looks like she's 125 but it's possible. I trust my eyes more than a picture. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Quit bringing up brees and flutie...2 qbs out of hundreds since flutie played...so well under .1% of qbs are very successful at his height. I hope he succeeds, but stop the comparisons...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

On September 4, 2016 at 9:37 AM, casual fan said:

Trivia question:

What NFL player holds the record for rushing yards (1212) and rushing TDs (14) after the age of 40?

Hint: he was the last NFL player to score by kicking a drop kick.

Fine is listed at 5'11", which makes me think he is about 5'9 1/2" 

And that's... Fine...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

56 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Good point. We all know that is THE real test, after all. 

I will look for him next week during the team walk in. 

Will it be awkward if I just walk beside him for 4 or 5 steps? 

Please take note of the shoes he wears too because we will have to subtract the height of the sole from your measurement in order to get the most accurate reading.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Stan R said:

Height seems fine to me.  Scariest thing I saw was when he scrambled out about 5 yards past the LOS and went head first into a tackler's torso.  Dude, for the love of all that is  fine: 

LEARN to F-ING SLIDE!!!  

For reference, please google Russell Wilson game footage.  

Or heck, just look at what Morris did when he scrambled for yardage before you came in. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Good point. We all know that is THE real test, after all. 

I will look for him next week during the team walk in. 

Will it be awkward if I just walk beside him for 4 or 5 steps? 

I did see Fine up close during the Mean Green March. The lady standing next to me jumped out into the march about a yard or so and high-fived him; she had to stretch. He had his game face on and looked a little startled at first, then smiled. I believe the man is 5' 11".

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2016 at 11:31 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

He isn't 5'8. He is absolutely every bit of 5'11

Damn so Seth is 5'6 and graham is 5'11???? 

IMG_20160904_233413.jpg

So if we take the above photo, knowing that Fine is listed at 5'11", Coach is listed at 5'10, and Graham is 6'2", then we couple that with my own personal photo of Coach with a 5'09" self (yes, this is accurate according to the docs that gave me a physical in June), and we see that Mason is, indeed about 5'11".Stephen%20with%20Coach%20Littrell.jpg

. . . pay no attention to the RV photobomb in the background.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

I did see Fine up close during the Mean Green March. The lady standing next to me jumped out into the march about a yard or so and high-fived him; she had to stretch. He had his game face on and looked a little startled at first, then smiled. I believe the man is 5' 11".

Pffft... Like you are the arbitrator of height or something.

Everyone knows that's my responsibility. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2