SMU womens golf coach (Jeanne Sutherland) talking smack

shootermcgavin44

14 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Will Call was completely disorganized. Took 25 minutes to get my tickets (which I should've renewed sooner). Didn't help that I almost got into a fight with an 80 year old SMU fan behind me talking about how we're the dregs of society and everyone of a 'certain complexion' was slowing the line down. 

I would love to know all the details of everything he was saying and thinking. Good times.

• Upvote 1

Anyone that waits to buy a ticket at the gate deserves whatever they get.  That's what a ticket is...Proof that you've ALREADY paid to get in.  The notion of buying a ticket and immediately handing it to the gate ticket taker is absurd.

That probably works better at Ford Field than most college venues.

GO MEAN GREEN 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 9/3/2016 at 10:15 PM, emmitt01 said:

Let me get this straight.  We're concerned with the opinion of a women's golf coach?

UNT has a women's golf program. Maybe we could find another way to dismiss her opinion without denigrating one of our own sports.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

On 9/4/2016 at 8:26 PM, Got5onIt said:

NT stadium staff were completely unprepared for the large crowd. It was hell getting in.  SMUrf DooDoo golf coach can still take her pitching wedge and stick it where the sun don't shine.....

Boldly Go - black Classic Thong

Edited by EagleMBA

Disagree about showing up to buy a ticket an expecting a wait.  This was a cluster and finally a worker came out and just started handing out free tickets to the students with proof of ID.  Why didn't they do that from the start?  That would have freed up the line big time.  Also, why do the students not already have their tickets - don't they pay for these as part of their tuition or is that something that just the TAMU's of the world do?  A scan is truly the simplest way to make that happen.   

Lastly, is there a way to set up a flash account and forgive my ignorance if this is already a GO.  I just always drag stragglers to the games so am always having to buy tickets at the gate at the last minute.  The FC Dallas flash buy is pretty darn easy. 

GMG

P.S. - My frustration comes from the fact that this Athletic Department never knows how to handle a big event!  What on earth would they do if 30k showed up?  They were staffed for maybe a crowd of 20k and almost 5k more showed up.  Why does it seem like we are never ready to handle a successful turnout. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, NM Green said:

A scan is truly the simplest way to make that happen.  

When I still had a student ID, they did just scan at the door.  When Apogee opened and Mac came in, they thought it would be a good idea to make students get physical tickets in the student union because it would be something they held in their hand, and be some sort of subconscious commitment to attend the game.

It's 2016.  At this point, they should just instagram their phones with a selfie at the gate or something.  I doubt kids see physical tickets at any more of a commitment than a PDF on their phone.

11 hours ago, NM Green said:

P.S. - My frustration comes from the fact that this Athletic Department never knows how to handle a big event!  What on earth would they do if 30k showed up?  They were staffed for maybe a crowd of 20k and almost 5k more showed up.  Why does it seem like we are never ready to handle a successful turnout. 

This.

We talk endlessly about the need to fill our house. It's discouraging that we couldn't handle this turnout better. Some fans will give up and stop coming.

13 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

It's pretty simple. If you show up within an hour of kickoff, don't expect an expeditious process to get tickets. You're going to wait.

a long time ago, I learned that when a situation presented itself that might lead me to become upset or frustrated the best thing to do would be to stop and ask myself "how is this potentially my fault?" or "what could I have done differently?" 

it's led to a lot fewer frustrating situations. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I got up to the entrance by The Hill 10 minutes before kickoff with tickets in hand. I got in, bought a beer, and sat down all before the team even came out of the tunnel. I thought it was a smooth experience considering the amount of people trying to get in at the time. 

I don't think the problem was with people that had their tickets.   It was those trying to buy tickets.   SMU line was a mile long.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't think the problem was with people that had their tickets.   It was those trying to buy tickets.   SMU line was a mile long.

There were long lines for the UNT/UTA basketball game in Arlington. It happens.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was tailgating in Fouts lot. I'd say 75% of SMU fans I saw did not show up until 30-45 minutes before kickoff. That probably didn't help things in terms of will call. 

• Upvote 1