2017 DL Zack Semrak. Southlake Carroll

UNT90

Baker stopped by our tailgate the Saturday after I emailed him. He personally told me the email had been forwarded on to the head of recruiting, so at this point I guess they just don't see him as a good fit.

I also asked for tickets for an unofficial visit in that email. No response. Not a great way to build relationships.

It will be interesting to see how his offer list shapes up by February. That will tell the tale. 

• Downvote 2

Stats from Friday night:  Zackery Semrak 9 tackles, TFL, Pass deflected, 4 pressures.

K State assistant coach in attendance to scout Zack (and others, I'm sure). K State has been in contact and invited Zack for a visit, but no offer yet.

Still absolutely zero contact from UNT. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Zack was selected first team All-District at DT for district 5-6A. I'm quite sure offers are to follow.

UNT still not in the game.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/2016-5-6a-all-district-selections/355003348

Offensive MVP Clayton Tune QB Hebron, that's Nathan's little brother!

hope they've found Ray by now!

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Marty said:

Offensive MVP Clayton Tune QB Hebron, that's Nathan's little brother!

hope they've found Ray by now!

I run into Tune all the time and his brother is going to have a whole bunch of offers this time next year (Class of '18). Clayton can straight up sling it.... He got hurt in the playoffs but i dont know to what extent and how serious

Would be great to try and get a family discount and drag Clayton this way but I give it a slim chance of him coming here

3 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I run into Tune all the time and his brother is going to have a whole bunch of offers this time next year (Class of '18). Clayton can straight up sling it.... He got hurt in the playoffs but i dont know to what extent and how serious

Would be great to try and get a family discount and drag Clayton this way but I give it a slim chance of him coming here

I believe he tore his knee up pretty good.  It did not look pretty at the game. 

Is anybody recruiting this young man?  Outside of Hudl, none of the recruiting sites have anything on him.  I applaud you for your diligence in wanting to help a family friend, but maybe there is a reason only low level FCS's are sniffing around.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Is anybody recruiting this young man?  Outside of Hudl, none of the recruiting sites have anything on him.  I applaud you for your diligence in wanting to help a family friend, but maybe there is a reason only low level FCS's are sniffing around.

Especially considering the people that keep promoting these players are the ones that constantly complain whenever UNT recruits a player that doesn't have multiple P5 offers...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

K St. has been in contact. It's in a previous post in this thread, along with a description of why he is late to the recruiting table. He is a 6'3" 250 lb 1st team all-district 5-6A DL. I'm not worried about offers forthcoming.

Read the thread. That would be a start.

1 hour ago, MEEN2018 said:

Especially considering the people that keep promoting these players are the ones that constantly complain whenever UNT recruits a player that doesn't have multiple P5 offers...

Is this a Cerebus shadow account? Wouldn't surprise me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

I can see why he's not getting much love in this highlight. He's currently undersized at his position and his lateral speed is already a step to a step and a half too slow. If he packs on 25-30 pounds to get to D1 playing weight, gravity will be less kind. Good technique, appears to be strong kid, high motor, etc. My bet someone takes a chance on him before it's all said and done. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

K St. has been in contact. It's in a previous post in this thread, along with a description of why he is late to the recruiting table. He is a 6'3" 250 lb 1st team all-district 5-6A DL. I'm not worried about offers forthcoming.

Read the thread. That would be a start.

Is this a Cerebus shadow account? Wouldn't surprise me. 

@UNT90, I have read this entire thread which is why I posed the question.  Outside of K State contacting him, who has offered?  I received a letter from UT baseball, which I would consider contact, prior to my senior year of high school baseball.  It never led to an offer, visit or anything.  I was asking an honest question.  Sorry, I didn't mean to hit a nerve.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

@UNT90, I have read this entire thread which is why I posed the question.  Outside of K State contacting him, who has offered?  I received a letter from UT baseball, which I would consider contact, prior to my senior year of high school baseball.  It never led to an offer, visit or anything.  I was asking an honest question.  Sorry, I didn't mean to hit a nerve.

He has had handwritten contact with K State, who also came down to scout a game. He is extremely late to the recruiting party, as he didn't camp last year. This is his first year as a starter because he backed up King Newton, a true freshman starter at UTSA that gave UNT fits. He didn't post HUDL highlights until mid season this year.  

It wouldn't matter if he was a 5 star, if I post it, you'll criticize it. I think we all know that by now 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 15

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

He has had handwritten contact with K State, who also came down to scout a game. He is extremely late to the recruiting party, as he didn't camp last year. This is his first year as a starter because he backed up King Newton, a true freshman starter at UTSA that gave UNT fits. He didn't post HUDL highlights until mid season this year.  

It wouldn't matter if he was a 5 star, if I post it, you'll criticize it. I think we all know that by now 

Get over it.  I haven't responded to a number of your posts lately, and this one was far from highly critical.  In fact, I commended you for "going to bat" for a family friend, but I also asked an honest question.  Let go of the grudge.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

@UNT90 Would he consider walking on if needed? I don't have any insight, just asking out of curiosity. If he want to plays FBS football and that is the only option he has, is he willing to go that route?

I'm not sure how he would feel about it. This isn't your typical Southlake kid. A scholarship is important to him. IF that ends up being an only option, I'm quite sure he would be open to it, but knowing the whole story surrounding this kid, I think he will have other options. A scholarship at another G5 or even if only an FCS would most likely be accepted over a preferred walk-on offer at a "better" school, depending on proper acedemic programs. 

Rock solid character with this kid, also. He will work his ass off and stay on the straight and narrow. His coaches seem to think he is a FBS football player, also. I trust their evaluation over any of the yahoos on this opinion site.

EDIT: And UNT has not even been in contact reference a preferred walk-on spot. An active recruiting period just opened up and Zack's coaches will be making some calls. Zack is interested in UNT, which is why I have been pushing him. You would think this staff would at least contact him to build a relationship  for a preferred walk on spot even if they didn't think he was worth the offer, just in case Zack didn't get any other offers (which I think is very doubtful at this point). I mean, the kid IS a first team 5-6A all district performer. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

One other thing. The letters UNAM next to Zack's name in the all-district link means that he is a UNANAMOUS all district 1st team selection. In a very good district. 

EDIT: Also, all three SLC LBs made all-district, setting a school record for tackles by linebackers. I think we all know one of the most important functions of a NT is to occupy blockers and free up linebackers to run to the ball. Another mission accomplished, as you will notice all the double and triple teams in those highlights.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Zack was named 3rd team on the Star-Telegram's All Area team.

Still not one peep from UNT:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article122411764.html

@dltough is the twitter handle for Coach Leblanc. I tweeted him the link of this topic. Hope it helps.

Edited by jtm0097

4 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

@dltough is the twitter handle for Coach Leblanc. I tweeted him the link of this forum. Hope it helps.

Thanks. But I'm not sure that the coaches  monitor their Twitter accounts. Unless they are just EXTREMELY disconnected electronically, they know about Zack. I can only assume they aren't interested as they have made zero contact. It's a shame. He could help this program and will help the program where he lands. He has the work ethic that will make him successful. Just ask his coaches. But someone would actually have to talk to his coaches to ask that question, wouldn't they?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1