2017 DL Zack Semrak. Southlake Carroll

UNT90

I have known the family for years. Here is the story on Zack. He is 6'3" 240lbs, slimmed down from about 265 last year. 

He played NT last year and backed up a kid that signed an P5 FBS scholarship. They slimmed him down to play DE this year. Last night was his first start. 

He didn't camp a lot. He was going to go to UNT's preferred camp, but strained a hamstring a couple of days before and didn't want to test bad because of injuries. He has D1 size.

I hope UNT takes a gander, and I think @GMG24coaches in the same district, so I would be interested to get his opinion. 

image.jpeg

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On September 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM, UNT90 said:

I have known the family for years. Here is the story on Zack. He is 6'3" 240lbs, slimmed down from about 265 last year. 

He played NT last year and backed up a kid that signed an P5 FBS scholarship. They slimmed him down to play DE this year. Last night was his first start. 

He didn't camp a lot. He was going to go to UNT's preferred camp, but strained a hamstring a couple of days before and didn't want to test bad because of injuries. He has D1 size.

I hope UNT takes a gander, and I think @GMG24coaches in the same district, so I would be interested to get his opinion. 

image.jpeg

They're a step above us, lol we are 5A in Carrollton, LD, prosper little elm and McKinney north. I'll check his film out. 

His hudl is private. Not sure why, because at week 3 all colleges request highlights from schools. Easy way to help your kids get recruited. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

So I found out that college coaches are certified hudl users and they can see private highlights with their log ins.  We have private highlights as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

Zack had a very nice game against Trinity last night despite being double teamed all game. Southlake won 42-28. Zack had a QB pressure that led to an interception late in the game. Zack backed up King Newton last year, Newton is starting for UTSA as a freshman.

K State is in contact and has asked him to come up for a visit. This is an under the radar recruit who has an interest in UNT. Here is his radio interview after the game: 

IMG_3097.mov

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

King Newton dominated our line last night, changing the game with a forced fumble at the end of the first half. That's who Zack backed up last year.

Another big game for Zack Friday night. I hope our coaching staff is paying attention. 

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-129175403/pp-ld-bell-2-silky-semrak-1?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Has anyone contacted the coaching staff about this guy...

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

untfootball@unt.edu, or tweet at the coaches

Signs point to yes...

On September 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM, UNT90 said:

Had 7 tackles and one deflected pass vs Martin.

I have emailed the coaching staff about him. 

Again, 6'4" 250lbs with a frame to add more weight. Interestingly enough, also has very good hands, but probably too slow for a TE at the college level, as he runs a 4.9 40, I believe.

This kid hardly camped at all last year and is starting this year for the first time (although was in the rotation last year). We all saw what King Newton can do as a true freshman for UTSA. That's who Zack was behind last year. No shame in that.

I'm not a talent evaluator, especially on interior line play, but I do see a kid that is getting double and triple teamed and still holding his ground. I also see a kid that doesn't give up on pursuit. 

I honestly don't know how he translated to the college level, but I do know that K St. has invited him up for a visit and he has started receiving mail from some other lower level schools. 

He would be interested in staying close to home, I would think, and I know he is friends with one other player at UNT. Just needs to keep playing his rear off.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Again, 6'4" 250lbs with a frame to add more weight. Interestingly enough, also has very good hands, but probably too slow for a TE at the college level, as he runs a 4.9 40, I believe.

imo 4.9 40 is ok for a TE in college. 

I think this is pretty much set for one of the Lines, either OL or DL.. Would like to have him as a 3-3 or 3-4 DE because of his ability to take on and occupy multiple Lineman. We are only in a 3-3-5 because of the # of DBs that we have.. in a year or 2 we could be running a 3-4 or even 4-3 possibly just depends on the players.. In a 4-3, this kid could shift inside and be a 1 Tech and take on the C/G as well. and be faster then them as well. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Stats for last week's game:

4 solo tackles 

3 QB pressures

1 fumble recovery.

has any school contacted him yet?

LOL not sure if this would work, but could give it a shoot is tweet this to English or even have Zack tweet at english saying something along the lines that he would like to team up with him on the DLine.. maybe even Hoston as well.

Could even have him tweet at Trice, who I believe tweeted about how kids if they stayed could turn UNT into the new U... have Zack tweet saying he needs some help from Trice to try and turn UNT into the new U as well.. 

K St has been in contact, but no offer yet. VMI and some other FCS programs have also shown interest. I have tweeted the coaches and sent an email to Baker, who forwarded it on to the coaching staff (I didn't want to use the generic football@unt email). 

They may not be interested or think he is a good fit, but I'd think they would at least offer a preferred walk on opportunity. 

Like I said, I'm no talent evaluator, but the kid is starting in a very competitive 6A district. Zero contact is kinda perplexing. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

K St has been in contact, but no offer yet. VMI and some other FCS programs have also shown interest. I have tweeted the coaches and sent an email to Baker, who forwarded it on to the coaching staff (I didn't want to use the generic football@unt email). 

They may not be interested or think he is a good fit, but I'd think they would at least offer a preferred walk on opportunity. 

Like I said, I'm no talent evaluator, but the kid is starting in a very competitive 6A district. Zero contact is kinda perplexing. 

I used the email I got on here, but the email has not been opened(I had it set up to send me a reply when opened.) But I would think the same thing, the kid could be a PWO with the # of scholly that we have the # of openings. Even if KState has reached out, UNT should be in contact... K-State has given us Hood and English which are 2 solid DL players just saying they have some type of talent for DT/DL in the area...

Also, I'm not sure how successful Southlake has been but its a school that has a winning history, and this team needs to bring in players who are from winning programs...