Jared Mosley - New COO Hire

jtm0097

18 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wasn't this guy's name thrown around on here as a possible AD?    @MeanGreenMailbox, with your affinity for ACU... I'm thinking it may have been you?

Looks to be a great hire as an Asst AD!

http://www.meangreensports.com/genrel/090116aab.html

He's a good guy.  Raised a ton of money at ACU, a school who has some very wealthy grads, but who have rarely used it for athletics.  In the past, most money has gone to the Business school, missions, and the Biblical areas of study. 

I had a great uncle who was a psych professor at ACU, and my dad, sister, and brother all graduated from there.  I was born out there a couple of weeks after my dad graduated.  So, I've had some ties to the school and city for my entire life. 

To rehash some of the money from ACU - the guy who started the Taco Bueno, Crystal's Pizza, and Burger Street franchises...then founded Plaza National Bank and later merged it with Compass Bank; one of the original Trammel Crow partners who is to this day developing apartment and mixed use complexes all over North Texas; the founder of Encompass Home Health and Healthcare Homebase.

Many of those original Taco Bueno execs were ACU folks.  I dated one of their daughters for a bit in high school.  Good folks, her parents.   

ACU connections are weird. 
-Tex Cobb is from there and played football for a bit at ACU.  He grew up on the street where my great uncle professor lived. 
-John "Bradshaw" Layfield played football there, before going into pro "wrestling" and financial advising.
-Bill Blakely, former North Teas State hoops coach was an ACU grad. 
-K-LUV's Jody Dean went there. 
-Ronnie Dunn of Brooks and Dunn...a psychology major who surely took a class or two from my great uncle.
-SMU President Gerald Turner...another psychology grad who toiled in my great uncle's classes.

It's a mix of hard scrabble and military town, with the ups and downs of ranching and oil and gas thrown in for good measure.  Good folks come from there and pass through there.  Three universities there:  One Methodist, one Baptist, and one church of Christ. 

This will be a solid hire.

NOTE:  Mosely's wife was the cheerleading coach at ACU.  Hope she doesn't replace the current cheerleading coach, who is the sister-in-law of one of my best friends from high school. 

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

NOTE:  Mosely's wife was the cheerleading coach at ACU.  Hope she doesn't replace the current cheerleading coach, who is the sister-in-law of one of my best friends from high school. 

This would severely impact the joyous BB halftime game of "count the choreographed hair flips." #Cloutier4eva

• Upvote 4

Little late to seeing this, but this hire does more to get me excited again than Littrell or Baker. Not because I think those guys won't be good, but because this shows that things are very different now. We finally are trying. Maybe we can all be rewarded for caring so much.

Edited by MeanGreenHoops
spelling
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Based on last year's results, were the cheerleaders really cheering as hard as they should have been?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

This would severely impact the joyous BB halftime game of "count the choreographed hair flips." #Cloutier4eva

The Cloutier clan of/formerly of Richardson are and were good folk.  Many brothers still playing in tribute bands around DFW.  At Minimum, Cloutier Brothers inhabit Iron Maiden and Billy Idol cover/tribute bands. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

The Cloutier clan of/formerly of Richardson are and were good folk.  Many brothers still playing in tribute bands around DFW.  At Minimum, Cloutier Brothers inhabit Iron Maiden and Billy Idol cover/tribute bands. 

Very cool - and to clarify just in case, hair flips are not remotely a moral failing or issue for debate. Hair flips simply are.

3 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Little late to seeing this, but this hire does more to get me excited again than Littrell or Baker. Not because I think those guys won't be good, but because this shows that things are very different now. We finally are trying. Maybe we can all be rewarded for caring so much.

I agree with this... This should enpower and give Seth and Wren hopefully alot more $ to spend and build this program.

This is phenomenal. This is really, really fantastic. 

As Greenminer already dug up... If we'd come out of the AD search with this guy running our operation, I'd have been THRILLED. To bring in a guy like Baker, AND end up with Mosley here, too? This is great. 

We have an AD with a future so bright I doubt he'll last more than 5 years here. And now we have a guy arguably as talented and capable, training on the job, ready to take over as soon as success leads Baker elsewhere. 

And, both of these guys can hire basketball coaches.