MGB: Weekly prediction: UNT will knock off SMU

Brett Vito

This says a lot more about Brett's treatment than it does about the actual outcome of the game. 

"Brett, we will give you a parking pass if you will pick us to win this week"- Overheard by source sitting behind Wren Baker and Brett Vito at lunch at the Texas Pickup on Tuesday. 

That source is rock solid. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 14

Pep Talk time...

I bleed Green, trust me...But on paper, and if you hang your hat on statistics, the math is not on our side. Not necessarily from a talent point of view, just from the reasoning that we were awful last year, and this is an entirely new Regime, new staff, new everything.  Does that mean we don't have a chance? OH HELL NO!  How quickly we forget...Remember the first game at Apogee against Houston?  Do you remember how amped up we were?  First game at home, against a team we were supposed to lose to, on paper...Ultiimately we did, but holy crap the team was jumping on Houston early!   For about the first half, the defense was Case Keenum's worst nightmare. Forced him to get called on two intentional grounding calls, and the crowd was so loud, they would get flagged for false starts. I remember watching the press conference after the game, and Case  Keenum said something like "we settled down and won, but we NOT expecting that kind of energy from their stadium and team..."

My point is this....If we can jump out on SMU that early in the game, with that same kind of intensity, and the crowd make that kind of noise, then SMU will have their hands full.  SMU fans love to state that their program is so much more advanced than UNT... Then why don't they come out in droves to Denton?  (And I'm not just talking about 2014...That was their worst fan showing, but each time I can recall them coming to Denton in the past 30 years, it's always lack-luster...)Because they don't have that same confidence when they play us in Denton...They may like their odds "on paper" against us, but not in Denton they don't...

So everyone here needs to get to the game, and bring friends, and get violently loud. Let's help our team jump out early, and again scare their 43 fans for 4 quarters...

"Let it Fly" is not a call arms just for the team, it's for all of us...

After Saturday, we're going to put out some new stats "on paper" indeed...

See you on game day...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2