'17 ATH Tre'von Bradley (Cleburne) [LOI: UH]

UNT90

2 hours ago, MEEN2018 said:

He just started following Cameron Johnson today. Hopefully these other commits we have can really help sell him on the amazing potential at UNT. If we can hold on to him, add Siggers, and flip someone like Caden McDonald, this class will turn out really good!

Also Following Major Applewhite. Hopefully that to DM him that he is no longer coming this weekend.

Is it against the rules for current players to tweet at him?

40 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Also Following Major Applewhite. Hopefully that to DM him that he is no longer coming this weekend.

Is it against the rules for current players to tweet at him?

He has been following Major Applewhite since the day he got the offer from UH. 

2 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Have y'all looked at his posts on Twitter? FULL of UH fans begging him to come play. This is ridiculous.

Do we really think the NCAA gives a damn? Idk why everyone is getting so bent up over it. It's part of their strategy as a fan base, even if it's wrong. All we can do is hope that it kids are making their decision other than on a twitter popularity contest. Potentially, the hammer could come down, but I think it reflects poorly on us to go around policing the rest of college football. It's makes us pretty insecure. Literally EVERYONE at this point does it, some more than others, including ourselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Do we really think the NCAA gives a damn? Idk why everyone is getting so bent up over it. It's part of their strategy as a fan base, even if it's wrong. All we can do is hope that it kids are making their decision other than on a twitter popularity contest. Potentially, the hammer could come down, but I think it reflects poorly on us to go around policing the rest of college football. It's makes us pretty insecure. Literally EVERYONE at this point does it, some more than others, including ourselves.

I for one wish we did this as a fan base. It's nearly impossible to punish them for it and kids like to go where there's a large fan base. It attributes to the atmosphere and the perception. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

✅ At the end of the day UH (like UNT) is still a G-5 program in a conference that doesn't have any better Bowl ties than CUSA.  UH recently shot their last wad for this generational timeline to get in the Big 12 conference.  HINT:  The Big 12 doesn't want another Texas school in their consortium, especially Baylor & TCU.

As a former UH fan since the 60's I can tell you they have been there--done that & (once again) are a G-5 school just like North Texas.  In fact, after the Big 12 snub last Fall the UH president said there will soon be some dramatic athletic budget changes on Cullen Blvd. (& that does not mean an increase). ➡️ UH was really counting on a B-12 membership to solve their present athletic budget over-reach.

North Texas just needs to get back to the level we were when we beat the Houston Cougars 28-0 at Texas Stadium the year before they entered what would be a limited stay in the Southwest Conference.  

Why not North Texas?  

✳️Great school for academics!

✳️Great location for one who stays in DFW for a job after graduation!

✳️Apogee Stadium & the Mean Green Village with an Indoor Practice Facility apparently on the near horizon.

➡️ ✳️KTCK 1310 "The Ticket" personality Norm Hitzghes asked:  "Why not North Texas as the next school to move up a la Boise State? 

✳️Why wouldn't any UNT recruit not want to be part of something special;  that is, be part of what even the regional sports media says could be so athletically & culturally dramatic as that which could happen on our burgeoning campus in Denton, Texas, America?

✳️Why not North Texas?

GMG!

Yosub Kim, Content Strategy Director snl crying waiting taran killam

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

The good news is he is home from his Houston visit and his twitter page still says "UNT recruit" at the top.

A nugget of good news.

I bet if he committed to Houston he'd bump his star rating... 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNT90 said:

Don't think so. Houston ain't a P5. He already has the offer without the bump.

Yeah he has the offer, but if he committed I bet they'd re look at him.  This kid is a STUD. Thank goodness they didn't offer as an offensive player. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What did HOU offer to him as? DB?

Yeah safety I believe but I'm not positive.  Can't believe Bynum took offer as a corner.  He could have been ELECTRIC in our offense.  To each their own. 

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Yeah safety I believe but I'm not positive.  Can't believe Bynum took offer as a corner.  He could have been ELECTRIC in our offense.  To each their own. 

Well, it's good news they didn't offer as a WR. 

Really want to hold on to this kid.

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

I"m shocked that they would try and flip these kids positions and that Byrum would move, He seemed like he could/woulda been another Tyler Wilson

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I"m shocked that they would try and flip these kids positions and that Byrum would move, He seemed like he could/woulda been another Tyler Wilson

If I had to pick I'd take Tre'Von over Bynum but I'd love to have both plus Kyre but we will see.... good news is McNeal still out there. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1