'17 ATH Tre'von Bradley (Cleburne) [LOI: UH]

UNT90

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

WR without a doubt

Can you change thread titles? Be nice if he had '17 ATH Name then (Cleburne HS) 

I just found out I could...

I would also like to suggest we start using tags.  You can search and sort by them.

For example on this recruit I added the tags: 

• Cleburne
  • ATH
  • Verbal

Maybe @BillySee58 can come up with a list of standard tags?

37 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I just found out I could...

I would also like to suggest we start using tags.  You can search and sort by them.

For example on this recruit I added the tags: 

• Cleburne
  • ATH
  • Verbal

Maybe @BillySee58 can come up with a list of standard tags?

Good idea. If I can help let me know. Also the double threads and generic searches at the top. Just a few things that I've become more aware of now that I help with recruiting a bit more.  Billy set me straight awhile back :) 

A possible punt and kick returner, also.

Love the speed this kid has. Also love the productivity. WR, QB, or RB, it'll work itself out. Speed and athleticism are the main thing. 

Good get.

I wonder what position Army offered at. Surely not WR?

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

A possible punt and kick returner, also.

Love the speed this kid has. Also love the productivity. WR, QB, or RB, it'll work itself out. Speed and athleticism are the main thing. 

Good get.

I wonder what position Army offered at. Surely not WR?

Probably QB because of running ability and their lack of throwing it. 

37 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

@BillySee58 how can a player with 4 D1 offers and honorable mention all- state not be ranked or star rated?

Because he plays for Cleburne and he hasn't been offered by high-profile enough schools to motivate the guys who actually rank recruits to pop in the film and give an evaluation. And his coaches/whoever is helping him with recruiting haven't bothered to notify the recruiting sites.

Again, another reason why offer lists are a better metric for evaluating our recruits. If a player isn't offered and being strongly considered by the schools whose fanbases pay good subscription money to those sites, where's the motivation to watch the film and give an evaluation/rating? Which often results in nonexistent ratings and half-assed ratings for the guys we go after. He'll be rated at some point, but there's no promise it will be an in-depth look.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

@BillySee58 how can a player with 4 D1 offers and honorable mention all- state not be ranked or star rated?

Late bloomer. First year at QB was this year. First opportunity to show what he could do with the ball in his hands every play (was WR as a junior). 

His value as a kick and punt returner at the next level is reason enough for a scholarship offer, IMO.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Because he plays for Cleburne and he hasn't been offered by high-profile enough schools to motivate the guys who actually rank recruits to pop in the film and give an evaluation. And his coaches/whoever is helping him with recruiting haven't bothered to notify the recruiting sites.

Again, another reason why offer lists are a better metric for evaluating our recruits. If a player isn't offered and being strongly considered by the schools whose fanbases pay good subscription money to those sites, where's the motivation to watch the film and give an evaluation/rating? Which often results in nonexistent ratings and half-assed ratings for the guys we go after. He'll be rated at some point, but there's no promise it will be an in-depth look.

Fulp 2 star, China Springs, ULM offer!!! This makes no sense not to have some rating. Maybe it will come now?

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Fulp 2 star, China Springs, ULM offer!!! This makes no sense not to have some rating. Maybe it will come now?

The earlier the offer, the more likely the sites will give a rating. How well thought out the rating will be is a different question. Over the summer and spring they try and at least slap a rating on all the guys getting offered. But that's likely the last evaluation they get unless P5 offers come in, while the top recruits will go through about 3 more reevaluation cycles.

If the offers don't start coming until the fall, the guys on those sites are more concerned about who is announcing their commitment, who is going on official visits, etc. They're not as concerned about taking the time to rate the unrated kid who just committed to North Texas, who has no subscribers.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

The earlier the offer, the more likely the sites will give a rating. How well thought out the rating will be is a different question. Over the summer and spring they try and at least slap a rating on all the guys getting offered. But that's likely the last evaluation they get unless P5 offers come in, while the top recruits will go through about 3 more reevaluation cycles.

If the offers don't start coming until the fall, the guys on those sites are more concerned about who is announcing their commitment, who is going on official visits, etc. They're not as concerned about taking the time to rate the unrated kid who just committed to North Texas, who has no subscribers.

Sure has a negative impact on our rankings. Why would we not be subscribers? Is it an expense thing?