Predict the UNT/SMU score

Matt from A700

For those of you predicting scores in the teens/twenties, I don't think you've been paying much attention this offseason.   Or, you think our offense is going to be bad.

If this offense can only score in the teens/twenties against SMU's defense, at home, we're in serious trouble... and we likely won't win but maybe 1 game like last year.

• Upvote 3

Like others on here, I'm still burned from the previous Coaching decisions by RV.  I was thoroughly swindled by RV with Dodge.  But, I honestly thought Mac was our answer.  I'll believe in Littrell and Baker, but it will take Time, and SMART Recruitment.  Saying this, I HOPE and WANT the Green to decimate SMUt on Saturday, but I just don't see it...yet.

Green-27

Jesuits/Catholics who got Rich-42

12 minutes ago, NTSUEagle said:

Like others on here, I'm still burned from the previous Coaching decisions by RV.  I was thoroughly swindled by RV with Dodge.  But, I honestly thought Mac was our answer.  I'll believe in Littrell and Baker, but it will take Time, and SMART Recruitment.  Saying this, I HOPE and WANT the Green to decimate SMUt on Saturday, but I just don't see it...yet.

Green-27

Jesuits/Catholics who got Rich-42

You know we are playing SMU, not Notre Dame, right?

49 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You know we are playing SMU, not Notre Dame, right?

Not fo make this a 'Church Issue', but I know TOO MANY former Catholics/Jesuits who became Methodists, after getting too 'rich' for the Catholic Church.  Hence my statement, Jim.  If we were playing ND, I'd just say 'Jesuits'...

16 hours ago, NTSUEagle said:

Not fo make this a 'Church Issue', but I know TOO MANY former Catholics/Jesuits who became Methodists, after getting too 'rich' for the Catholic Church.  Hence my statement, Jim.  If we were playing ND, I'd just say 'Jesuits'...

I see how people could get confused.  http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/why-do-we-say-we-believe-in-the-holy-catholic-church-in-the-apostles-creed  I grew up Methodist.

Getting too far off topic?

• Upvote 1

I believe there will be a perfect storm in Denton tomorrow night. This is Wren and Seth's first game directing the Mean Green program. The players returning from last season's team are looking put last season behind them. New players seem to be contributing in our new offensive and defensive systems. I don't think SMU's secondary can cover our WRs, and I believe we finally have a QB that can manage the game and be a playmaker. SMU was only one game better last season. Plus, SMU has never beaten us in Denton. I believe we will be celebrating tomorrow night.

North Texas 48

smu 37

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

I believe there will be a perfect storm in Denton tomorrow night. This is Wren and Seth's first game directing the Mean Green program. The players returning from last season's team are looking put last season behind them. New players seem to be contributing in our new offensive and defensive systems. I don't think SMU's secondary can cover our WRs, and I believe we finally have a QB that can manage the game and be a playmaker. SMU was only one game better last season. Plus, SMU has never beaten us in Denton. I believe we will be celebrating tomorrow night.

North Texas 48

smu 37

Go Mean Green!!!

I tend to agree- let's take a look at the last time we were finishing a transition and starting a new era (again)... We were absolutely juiced for the Houston game, and kept up with them keeping the score at 20-17 end of first half- we just didn't have the horsepower to keep up with them because they were 13-1 and one of the best stories in college football that year.  I wholeheartedly feel that we had SMU dead to rights last year (listening to the game from Afghanistan didn't give me the same S.A. as some of you guys), but stupid play calling and lousy personnel management over the course the game and the entire season damned us. 

SMU isn't far ahead of us.  Talent wise, yeah, we're short, but the cupboard is not nearly as bare as some on here think.  I usually err on the side of reality with splashes of optimism, and I do feel that we will soil the mattress a few times this year, but I am extremely confident we will win this game.  It will be ugly at times, and we will get into a shootout, but I think we have the goods to win a shootout. 

UNT- 45

SMU-38

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

North Texas 48

smu 37

Go Mean Green!!!

Kylo Wren and the Seth Lord!

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3