UNT/SMU TV Update - Not On In DFW

Harry

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

This really is a travesty it not being at least regionally televised. Two of the major metroplex universities playing on opening weekend and it's not being picked up. The thing is, it very well is a UNT problem more than it being a smoo problem. 

Disagree. SMU shares equally in this problem.

• Upvote 5

I just got off the phone with Direct Tv

Per the customer service rep, it will be on channel 696 CSNBAHD which is the comcast sports net bay area channel...  I spend a pretty penny on a monthly basis, and I was assured that this game will be included in what I already pay for in my programming(some sports package)...    and she said it would be available in the Coppell zip code(75019) for us.

Just wanted to share.  My son's first baseball game for the season starts at 6:15, so I'll be recording and viewing at home.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

Have to disagree, Harry. It's 2016. Every game needs to be shown locally. It's a 3-plus hour infomercial for our school. I don't think there will be a noticeable jump in attendance just because the game isn't on TV.

Not when you are struggling to get people to come watch the game in person. If we were putting 25k or more in Apogee for every game it wouldn't be a problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Not when you are struggling to get people to come watch the game in person. If we were putting 25k or more in Apogee for every game it wouldn't be a problem.

Attendance sucked when we weren't on TV too. 

Are the G5s, full of schools who have attendance struggles, doing it wrong by trying to get TV contracts and as many games on TV as possible?

• Upvote 3

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:33 AM, Aldo said:

SMU again brings us nothing. Can't wait to schedule a better team.

Hang on. You have a poll on your site that says overwhelmingly SMU is your rival. Your beat reporter is obsessed with calling SMU a rival. SMU has sold out our allotment of tickets and we are bringing more than that, but you want to schedule another team and blame SMU for no TV and non-sell out? I'm confused. A college with 35,000 students is playing its supposed biggest rival and you can't sell out a 30,000 seat stadium. Is that an SMU problem, or a North Texas problem?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, MJavierSMU said:

Hang on. You have a poll on your site that says overwhelmingly SMU is your rival. Your beat reporter is obsessed with calling SMU a rival. SMU has sold out our allotment of tickets and we are bringing more than that, but you want to schedule another team and blame SMU for no TV and non-sell out? I'm confused. A college with 35,000 students is playing its supposed biggest rival and you can't sell out a 30,000 seat stadium. Is that an SMU problem, or a North Texas problem?

This site says everyone is our rival.

My statement is just a direct response to ponyfans board, blaming us as a reason that they didn't get a local TV spot.

TCU is playing an FCS team and getting a spot, Tech is playing SFA and getting a spot.

It's not just us that's dragging this matchup quality down is my point. #WeBothSuck 

• Upvote 2