The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members

Cerebus

The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members

Sources close to the situation, that wish not to be identified because they are not authorized to speak on the matter, tell us that the Big 12 has narrowed its expansion list to three schools: BYU, Cincinnati and Houston. UCONN and UCF are reportedly no longer under consideration.

---

In this case both the Big 12 and ESPN/Fox want the same thing: an extension of the grant of rights.

And Texas, if it wants UH in the Big 12, can’t refuse. The Longhorns might not have a choice with the amount of pressure Texas governor Greg Abbott and lt. governor Dan Patrick are applying, either.

Some may see UH getting into the B12 good for us, but it's just going to devalue our recruiting sales pitch.

10 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Most here laughed at Houston. Most told Houstn they sucked just like UNT and would never be anything more than what they were.

Those are the same folks who say UNT should never play a P5 at home, backed RV until the last minute, and are perfectly happy having SMU as the "big" out of conference game EVERY year. 

Meanwhile Houston is poised to join the club. The same Houston these underachievers laughed at. 

Oh, and doesn't that OU vs Houston game loom large now this Saturday? The same shirt sighted individuals said this game would matter zero. Well, the Big 12 has narrowed to picking 2 of 3, and Houston is in that group. A win over top 5 OU WILL matter, whether these extremely short sighted individuals think so or not.

For Cripes sake, EXPECT MORE from your university, UNT fans. Stop accepting barely existing as an FBS program. Think about the possibilities of what can be.

Houston did. And now they are on the verge of achieving their ultimate goal.

Getting to the starting line should not be the ultimate goal. #underachiever 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

UNT isn't even on the F'n practice field, and many of UNT's fans are perfectly ok with that.

#expectmore

Well, I hope I have made myself clear to this board since I have been posting. But if I haven't, I have expectations and those will not sway regardless. I will bitch like a school girl when certain expectations become out of reach for the given coaching staff at the time. These coaching staffs will continue to roll through here, but remember, they almost always have vetted interests in themselves, their careers, and their bankrolls. Not UNT. 

43 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Well, I hope I have made myself clear to this board since I have been posting. But if I haven't, I have expectations and those will not sway regardless. I will bitch like a school girl when certain expectations become out of reach for the given coaching staff at the time. These coaching staffs will continue to roll through here, but remember, they almost always have vetted interests in themselves, their careers, and their bankrolls. Not UNT. 

Which is why it's imperative to find coaches and ADs whose personal goals align with that of the university. 

Young, up and coming coaches and ADs who will make things better and move on to better (higher paying) jobs within 4 to 5 years. Then you hire someone else, again young and on the way up, with the goal of making things even better and then moving on in 4 or 5 years.

If Baker is still here 6 years from now, something has gone terribly wrong, and that something would most likely be Baker failing to change the culture and just hanging on with the go along to get along crowd until UNT makes a change. I don't see this happening, but one never knows. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Most here laughed at Houston. Most told Houston they sucked just like UNT and would never be anything more than what they were.

Those are the same folks who say UNT should never play a P5 at home, backed RV until the last minute, and are perfectly happy having SMU as the "big" out of conference game EVERY year. 

Meanwhile Houston is poised to join the club. The same Houston these underachievers laughed at. 

Oh, and doesn't that OU vs Houston game loom large now this Saturday? The same short sighted individuals said this game would matter zero. Well, the Big 12 has narrowed to picking 2 of 3, and Houston is in that group. A win over top 5 OU WILL matter, whether these extremely short sighted individuals think so or not.

For Cripes sake, EXPECT MORE from your university, UNT fans. Stop accepting barely existing as an FBS program. Think about the possibilities of what can be.

I said all of this back in 2012 but everybody thought I was trolling and pointed out that we lost to Texas State.

• Downvote 6

Texas has its own agenda regarding the admission of Houston to the Big 12, and it directly relates to the establishment of a Houston campus. I have no idea why Tech jumped on the bandwagon, but no one else in Big 12 want another member from the Lone Star State. I believe 2 no votes kills the deal, and the silence has been deafening.Perhaps Texas and Tech want to be able to say to the political powers that be that they tried.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

I said all of this back in 2012 but everybody thought I was trolling and pointed out that we lost to Texas State.

You are a troll. You guessed right. Now, if they will have you, go back to your Cougar board. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

UNT isn't even on the F'n practice field, and many of UNT's fans are perfectly ok with that.

#expectmore

You have no idea what most UNT fans want.  Just more factless speculation on your part.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

You have no idea what most UNT fans want.  Just more factless speculation on your part.

I know you would be happy with year upon year of 6-6 records in CUSA until the end of time. That's who you are.

#expectmore

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

There is no way Texas extends the date on the grant of rights. Unless the Houston satellite campus trumps it in terms of long term value.  UT has hubs in all the major Texas cities and they apparently want to add Houston to the list.

11 minutes ago, risinggreen said:

Cincinnati to hook with WV, and BYU just cuz they're BYU. Houston is no lock amongst those three.

But they are in the conversation and are in a position to help themselves A TON on Saturday. 

A place many here thought they would never be, because they expect UNT never to be in that conversation, either. 

Terrible culture.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

The real issue that hurts Houston though is the fear of the other Big 12 schools in terms of recruiting. I'm not talking about Texas, but OU, Baylor, TCU, OSU, West Virginia, Kansas etc.. They KNOW that the minute UH joins the conference they will kill in recruiting due to their location.  This articles sums it up quite nicely:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/08/25/houston-big-12-cougars-thorn-side-conference-oklahoma-coach-says

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I know you would be happy with year upon year of 6-6 records in CUSA until the end of time. That's who you are.

#expectmore

You have never met me nor had a conversation with me.  More clueless drivel from you.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You have never met me nor had a conversation with me.  More clueless drivel from you.

I know your expectations for this program by your posts on here, and they are embarrassingly low. You call me names and hate me because of my stance on RV and you say I'm hateful about everything about this program when, in reality, you are describing yourself with your consistent acceptance of low performance levels for this program.

I'll expect more. I'll expect UNT to continue to advance up the FBS ladder and I expect consequences if they don't. 

You can continue your small minded attacks if you like, but one of these days, this program will out perform your wildest dreams, and we will drag your low expectation ass with us, kicking, screaming, and insulting us the whole way. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

6 hours ago, wardly said:

Texas has its own agenda regarding the admission of Houston to the Big 12, and it directly relates to the establishment of a Houston campus. I have no idea why Tech jumped on the bandwagon, but no one else in Big 12 want another member from the Lone Star State. I believe 2 no votes kills the deal, and the silence has been deafening.Perhaps Texas and Tech want to be able to say to the political powers that be that they tried.

Tech wants Houston politicians to back their vet school that recently got shot down.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

There is no way Texas extends the date on the grant of rights. Unless the Houston satellite campus trumps it in terms of long term value.  UT has hubs in all the major Texas cities and they apparently want to add Houston to the list.

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

I'm not sure what to make of the article.  There is no way Texas wants to extend the GOR....

Agree with these. There is no way that Texas wants to extend their GOR under the current contract. Perhaps they might extend for substantially more money, but that's a pretty big risk on their part. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Most here laughed at Houston. Most told Houston they sucked just like UNT and would never be anything more than what they were.

Oh, and doesn't that OU vs Houston game loom large now this Saturday? The same short sighted individuals said this game would matter zero. Well, the Big 12 has narrowed to picking 2 of 3, and Houston is in that group. A win over top 5 OU WILL matter, whether these extremely short sighted individuals think so or not.

You know what really matters? This. 

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

Oh and taking money from academics.

Edited by Cr1028

13 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I know your expectations for this program by your posts on here, and they are embarrassingly low. You call me names and hate me because of my stance on RV and you say I'm hateful about everything about this program when, in reality, you are describing yourself with your consistent acceptance of low performance levels for this program.

I'll expect more. I'll expect UNT to continue to advance up the FBS ladder and I expect consequences if they don't. 

You can continue your small minded attacks if you like, but one of these days, this program will out perform your wildest dreams, and we will drag your low expectation ass with us, kicking, screaming, and insulting us the whole way. 

You are that wife that expects her husband and his $40k per year job to provide her with a lavish lifestyle. And instead of making greater contributions herself to attain that lifestyle, she just bitches her husband into misery.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You are that wife that expects her husband and his $40k per year job to provide her with a lavish lifestyle. And instead of making greater contributions herself to attain that lifestyle, she just bitches her husband into misery.

Really? Have you invested at the club seat level? What is your giving level?

You wanna have a D measuring contest? Whip it out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2