Tailgating SMU Game

UNTeagle88

Part of the experience is the Mean Green March...right through the heart of tailgate territory. You will want to be in place and tailgating by 3:00 p.m. for this game, at the minimum.  Start earlier if you have more capacity/endurance.

• Upvote 2

Hope to be setup by 8 am...

Watch out for ants, tie down canopy, drink beer and some water, be happy, be friendly to all,  clean up your tailgating area, and share with others if they need something.

It's going to be a beautiful day, enjoy the hell out of it!

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 5

Lots of the expert tailgaters get there really early for set-up and prep. We are moochers who offer only our presence and generally show up 2-3 hours before game time. I'll probably get there earlier than that for SMU just because it's a 6PM game. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTeagle88 said:

Gonna be tailgating the SMU game. This will be my first time to tailgate. What time is everyone going to be out there? Any pointers?

If I decide to buy a generator between now and then I'll be out there Friday night until Saturday night when they force me to leave. If not, I'll be out there when @UNT 90 Grad gets out there. 

• Upvote 1

The team always comes into the Red/Blue lot 2 hours before the game(or at least they did the last few years)...They are preceded by the band that marches thru to take their spot in line to greet and then follow the team thru the lines of fans. This is so cool, and I feel like most people don't even know this happens. We will be there all day, but I hope our crew shows up in time to enjoy the afternoon and enjoy the entrance of the band, then greet our coaches and players. This will be our first opportunity to let them know that they made the right choice when they chose North Texas....Let's Go Mean Green!!!

P.S. We love moochers and we have Green Kool-Aid...Join us!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, 4MYMGE said:

The team always comes into the Red/Blue lot 2 hours before the game(or at least they did the last few years)...They are preceded by the band that marches thru to take their spot in line to greet and then follow the team thru the lines of fans. This is so cool, and I feel like most people don't even know this happens. We will be there all day, but I hope our crew shows up in time to enjoy the afternoon and enjoy the entrance of the band, then greet our coaches and players. This will be our first opportunity to let them know that they made the right choice when they chose North Texas....Let's Go Mean Green!!!

This and wrap up in time to get to your seat so that you can see the team enter the field.  Don't be a late comer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, 4MYMGE said:

P.S. We love moochers and we have Green Kool-Aid...Join us!!!

Here ya go! Posted by Stebo a while back.

By the way, they have been known to do this 2 1/2 hours before kickoff. We need to get confirmation this year.

An idea just came to me, courtesy of Shiner: Could we get the North!...Texas!... chant going this year as the team passes by?

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sound_Man said:

Friday afternoon.   Everyone keep in mind rv parking is changed for this year. All rv parking is along the old golf course south side of the lot and can be reserved spots. 

Are you bringing the bus?

So I'm not quite as fancy as the satellite dish tailgaters.  I roll with the HD over-the-air antenna.  For those curious, the OTA games on deck for Saturday prior to our game against SMU are:

Oklahoma vs Houston

LSU vs Wisconsin

Texas A&M vs UCLA

@Grant.UNT, is it safe to assume that LSU is a close second in your list of favorite universities to follow?

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So I'm not quite as fancy as the satellite dish tailgaters.  I roll with the HD over-the-air antenna.  For those curious, the OTA games on deck for Saturday prior to our game against SMU are:

Oklahoma vs Houston

LSU vs Wisconsin

Texas A&M vs UCLA

I'll be going by sprint to see if I can get mobile WiFi that is not hotspot related. If so, I have a smart TV and if we do end up tailgating together we'll have multiple options streaming 1 TV and the OTA antenna you have. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Oklahoma vs Houston

LSU vs Wisconsin

Texas A&M vs UCLA

I'm bringing the generator for fans and whatever else, so we will have a power source if needed

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Oklahoma vs Houston

LSU vs Wisconsin

Texas A&M vs UCLA

@Grant.UNT, is it safe to assume that LSU is a close second in your list of favorite universities to follow?

@UNT 90 Grad That is very safe to assume. Can't wait. Thanks!