attendance this sat.

drex

weather looks good

students only here for 5 days of classes, so they likely won't go home.

First game, so the curiosity factor of fans will bring them in

first home game is always a large crowd

SMU is a name opponent that will draw in the fans.

If this game was against BC instead of SMU, I still think there would be 21k plus. 

And last....look at our attendance at other home openers. Yes, we do have lots of questions about the team, and some die hard fans are frustrated, but the students tend to show up regardless

There are a lot of factors that should help, particularly the opponent and the weather and the start of the season and a new coach and AD. Factors depressing the number: The bad results of the last season and the fact that a good number of those not following closely will not yet be aware of/care how much change has happened since last season.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

You need to elevate your expectations.  You would be happy with 15k from here to eternity.

Short term realist, long term optimist.

I know that's hard for your 6-6 forever brain to comprehend.

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Precisely...if things actually improved he would bitch that it wasn't fast enough.  He is perfectly happy being unhappy

Hardly. People need to raise their expectations. Happiness hating SMU for no reason is false happiness. But you know that...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I wish we could accurately predict the attendance of all the UNT & SMU fans prior to gameday. They all deserve a free t-shirt for buying a ticket and showing up... unt fans should have a green one with "slobs" written in white and smu fans should get a white one with "snobs" written in red.  My wife and I would proudly embrace our green shirts.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2016 at 10:02 PM, GRN-WHT said:

Don't underestimate the damage of 66-7 on homecoming.

Go watch that game again.  If that game wasn't an outright player mutiny I don't know what was.  We were bad last year, but the players threw that game, and they threw it hard. If anybody ever gambled on UNT football, that game would've been a HUGE point shaving scandal.  Point shaving?  More like point mutilating. 

Hopefully, that'll be the end of it forever more.

On August 27, 2016 at 10:02 PM, GRN-WHT said:

I'm afraid what optimism there may be among the casual fans about the changes that have been made won't completely wash away the sour taste from last years shitshow. Don't underestimate the damage of 66-7 on homecoming.

Exactly. People think things will magically be better. It won't be for a while. UNT is going to have to prove itself before a lot of people return. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Short term realist, long term optimist.

I know that's hard for your 6-6 forever brain to comprehend.

Hardly. People need to raise their expectations. Happiness hating SMU for no reason is false happiness. But you know that...

Then raise your expectations above 17,000 attendance, 2 win predicting self.  I went with 30K + and a 6-6 record this year chief, as in the beginning of the Littrell era.  Coach is quoted in a video of saying they are going to a bowl game.  I expect them to achieve that.  Get on board oh yea of little faith and low expectations.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Then raise your expectations above 17,000 attendance, 2 win predicting self.  I went with 30K + and a 6-6 record this year chief, as in the beginning of the Littrell era.  Coach is quoted in a video of saying they are going to a bowl game.  I expect them to achieve that.  Get on board oh yea of little faith and low expectations.

There is no way he really believes only 17k will be there Saturday. If he really does, he's much more delusional than I imagined. 

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Again, realistically, this program has 68 scholarship players, is paper thin, has question marks at EVERY POSITION on offense except running back and at 8 of the 11 positions on defense. 

Littrell coach speaks because that is what coaches do. 

I also realize the impact of Portland St 66 UNT 7 and know that there will be consequences with the some in the fan base. Maybe I'm wrong. We will see Saturday.

I don't blindly believe. A lot of people, especially you, did with RV for years, and that delayed the progress of this program immeasurably.

You want to keep making the same mistakes and expect a different outcome? Have at it. 

I refuse to do so.

That said, I have long term hope that maybe, just maybe, this program has turned the corner and, most importantly, UNT has FINALLY decided to invest in athletics. I hope I am right, but proof will be required.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Again, realistically, this program has 68 scholarship players, is paper thin, has question marks at EVERY POSITION on offense except running back and at 8 of the 11 positions on defense. 

Littrell coach speaks because that is what coaches do. 

I also realize the impact of Portland St 66 UNT 7 and know that there will be consequences with the some in the fan base. Maybe I'm wrong. We will see Saturday.

I don't blindly believe. A lot of people, especially you, did with RV for years, and that delayed the progress of this program immeasurably.

You want to keep making the same mistakes and expect a different outcome? Have at it. 

I refuse to do so.

That said, I have long term hope that maybe, just maybe, this program has turned the corner and, most importantly, UNT has FINALLY decided to invest in athletics. I hope I am right, but proof will be required.

Wager attendance is cloer to my prediction of 25k than yours of 17k? 

6 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

We will easily be over 17k

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400547653

22,398 in 2014 at a 11am game

I know this. But I'm never opposed to easy money. 

15 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You said over 25k. That's what I'll agree to wager to. 

No. No. No. Take a stance on your righteousness...Whoever is closer to their prediction wins? And I said 25+. That could just as well be 25,001. So if attendance is 21,001, you win. If it's 21,002, I win. 

• Upvote 2