attendance this sat.

drex

46 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Again, realistically, this program has 68 scholarship players, is paper thin, has question marks at EVERY POSITION on offense except running back and at 8 of the 11 positions on defense. 

Littrell coach speaks because that is what coaches do. 

I also realize the impact of Portland St 66 UNT 7 and know that there will be consequences with the some in the fan base. Maybe I'm wrong. We will see Saturday.

I don't blindly believe. A lot of people, especially you, did with RV for years, and that delayed the progress of this program immeasurably.

You want to keep making the same mistakes and expect a different outcome? Have at it. 

I refuse to do so.

That said, I have long term hope that maybe, just maybe, this program has turned the corner and, most importantly, UNT has FINALLY decided to invest in athletics. I hope I am right, but proof will be required.

Again, criticizing with no facts to back it up. 

Look, just because people don't take their complaints public or fly them behind a plane or beat their chests and remind everyone of their Club Level commitment doesn't mean they accept the status quo.  Some day you might understand this, but the narcissist in you won't allow it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

We will easily be over 17k

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400547653

22,398 in 2014 at a 11am game

After a 9 win season. We're now coming off a 1 win season, and SMU coming off a 2 win season.

UNT Athletics needs to market hard this week and try to get folks in. Eg, the storyline of new coach, new philosophy, et cetruh et cetruh 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Again, criticizing with no facts to back it up. 

Look, just because people don't take their complaints public or fly them behind a plane or beat their chests and remind everyone of their Club Level commitment doesn't mean they accept the status quo.  Some day you might understand this, but the narcissist in you won't allow it.

Oh, there were plenty of defensive posts from you about RV. People have recollections, ya know. Also a whole lot of "I trust the AD," which is very similar to you trusting recent coach speak. 

The whole "criticize in private, praise in public" works well for big donors, not so much for the little guy. Are you claiming to be a big donor? Or just using this as an excuse because you are on the wrong side of UNT history. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I appreciate your four year renaissance.

Yep, I started paying attention. You and Lifer and several others still haven't. 

It was shortly after this post that I realized we were in a scheduling hole and told the board at least two more year of 5 home games was on our horizon.

The response from the likes of you and Lifer? Trust RV. When told it was basic math, Lifer, who is a math teacher, ignored logic and chose to trust RV. 

I also warned of a possible loss to an FCS and how much that would damage this particular program. That was summarily poo pooed away.

And, of course last year happened. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I know this. But I'm never opposed to easy money. 

No. No. No. Take a stance on your righteousness...Whoever is closer to their prediction wins? And I said 25+. That could just as well be 25,001. So if attendance is 21,001, you win. If it's 21,002, I win. 

Unintentional comedy win.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

The whole "criticize in private, praise in public" works well for big donors, not so much for the little guy. Are you claiming to be a big donor? Or just using this as an excuse because you are on the wrong side of UNT history. 

WTF?  Works for the big donor but not the little guy?  Where in the world did you ever come up with this idea.  You blamed the big donors, if I remember correctly as you were highly critical of the supposed 17, but don't let these facts cloud you version of history.  More comedy.  Thanks SE

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

WTF?  Works for the big donor but not the little guy?  Where in the world did you ever come up with this idea.  You blamed the big donors, if I remember correctly as you were highly critical of the supposed 17, but don't let these facts cloud you version of history.  More comedy.  Thanks SE

Yep, because the big donors were doing very little private criticizing, or so it appeared. One was actively defending RV on this site and flat out stated that small donors weren't needed. That was a useful nugget.

But this is about you and me, not them. Also, in the other thread, you imply that I think I did something special last November. That was a group effort by about 15 alumni. Hell, I wasn't even close to being the biggest donor. 

Of course, you weren't on that list. Probably another reason you criticize it so virulently. Funny how that works, isn't it? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Yep, because the big donors were doing very little private criticizing, or so it appeared. One as actively 

But this is about you and me, not them. Also, in the other thread, you imply that I think I did something special last November. That was a group effort by about 15 alumni. Hell, I wasn't even close to being the biggest donor. 

Of course, you weren't on that list. Probably another reason you criticize it so virulently. Funny how that works, isn't it? 

AHEM.

33 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Sweet.  Jebus.

I am getting really tired of every thread turning into a personal pissing match.   Here a good rule of thumb:   If you find yourself talking about another poster or yourself, even if you just refer to the other in a vague group reference, don't post it.

I am trying to be fair here.  Stop it or get vacations from the board.    If you feel this post is talking about you, it probably is.  

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

image.gif

GOMEANGREEN.COM BOARD Rules:

RULE #1 : HAVE FUN.
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
Please do not hijack threads.  Hijacking means joining a thread and talking about something totally irrelevant to the subject, ie something radically different than the topic of the thread. 
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
Do not at any time ever cut and paste an article or excerpt on this board as it is subject to copyright laws and is essentially stealing someone else's work. You are welcome to link to an article/ story and provide an excerpt of that article/story as a component of your link to help draw attention and traffic to the site that wrote the article.
We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
Do not argue with the Admins about proper use and policy.