Who is UNT's football rival?

GM1998

8 minutes ago, MJavierSMU said:

You're all over the place with what you're trying to say. First, you said SMU is the easiest private in Texas to get into especially if you're a white male. Both of which are wrong. And now out of the blue you're saying SMU's competition isn't Rice or the Ivy league, which I never claimed or insinuated. You even mentioned it twice that SMU is not an elite Ivy League South School, again which I never claimed. I agree that SMU is not at the level of Rice or the Ivy League schools.

Dallas and University park are both wet and all businesses restaurants are allowed to sell/serve alcohol. There are three CVS near campus. Which one are you talking about?

Funny, you bring up the $30,000 year Uptown crowd because it reminds me of one of the other threads I was referencing where you were going on and on about how much more cultured and diverse Houston was over Dallas. If I remember correctly you mentioned all the white SMU d-bag, $30,000 millionaires that represented racist Dallas. Yet, it seems like you're the one who is constantly stereotyping and judging people on this board.

It's just a mentality thing. I had heard of it before. Never thought too, too much of it. Then the game at Ford happened last year. I don't care about the demographics or the application process or the acceptance rate of that school. All I know is that just about every stereotype that I had heard before attending that game at Ford last year was solidified with my own ears and eyes, all of them. You're much like a defense lawyer trying to defend an indicted serial killer.  Eventually you too will see. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

1.) It is the easiest, if you're a white dude, judging by the acceptance rate, stats, and demographics. Also, it isn't out of the blue, my argument from the get-go was that the school is overrated. See in my first post. My criticism stems from the fact that overwhelmingly people from SMU view it at that.

2.) Well, I went to two, and neither of them sold alcohol. Was told it was "because of the proximity to campus."

3.) Well, yes, because overwhelmingly the demographics favor this stereotype. And just judging SMU. Because they judge back.

1) That makes no sense at all, but okay. As for the point of your argument, it has changed so many times that you win.

2) Again University Park and Dallas are wet so all businesses can sell/serve alcohol. The CVS at Greenville/Lovers sells booze and so does the one on Mockingbird and Skillman.

3) what overwhelming demographics? Please provide a little proof to you claims.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MJavierSMU said:

but I guess for some reason it is a benefit to be a "white dude" at SMU over other schools.....

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/southern-Methodist-university-BlackatSMU-racist-6605280.php

http://interactives.dallasnews.com/2015/blackatsmu/

http://www.smudailycampus.com/news/race-still-an-issue-at-smu

http://www.dallasvoice.com/smu-students-hate-speech-10172161.html

But idk why we're talking demographics, just counterpointing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MJavierSMU said:

That number includes Hispanics. In some demo stats whites include Hispanics.

Forbes - http://www.forbes.com/colleges/southern-methodist-university/

I understand what you're saying. White Hispanic is still a minority, so I assumed it is part of SMU's 26% minority population.

One or the other is out of date, then.

14 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's just a mentality thing. I had heard of it before. Never thought too, too much of it. Then the game at Ford happened last year. I don't care about the demographics or the application process or the acceptance rate of that school. All I know is that just about every stereotype that I had heard before attending that game at Ford last year was solidified with my own ears and eyes, all of them. You're much like a defense lawyer trying to defend an indicted serial killer.  Eventually you too will see. 

Or maybe because you went to the game wanting to see those stereotypes?? Of course you can walk up and down the boulevard and find a group of rich d-bags acting like idiots if you try to. They definitely exist and you can find them but they also exist at UNT, TCU, Baylor or name any other school.  A majority of the SMU people tailgating are welcoming and friendly people.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Ah Fall 2015 (SMU) and Spring 2016 (Forbes). Interesting difference

Sorry, just defending my school because Ryan Muthie makes it sound like SMU is nothing but white people holding KKK rallies, and I'm a minority. SMU still has work to do with increasing the black enrollment as highlighted in the DMN article but Hispanic, Asian and International enrollments are inline with national averages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, MJavierSMU said:

Sorry, just defending my school ...

You may be a good dude, but your school sucks and we want to beat the ever loving crap out of you guys every time we get a chance to get on the field against you.  Call that feeling anything you want, but to me, that's what makes a rivalry.  It's a feeling.  Who cares about how many games we've played or demographics this and that.  We can't stand you guys, and you (collectively) can't stand us.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Who is UNT's football rival ?  "Building a large fan base."

That doesn't even make sense.

" Our rival is building a large fan base. "

My freshman English instructor at NT, Dr. Burns would have eaten this guy alive.

Wow.  

GO MEAN GREEN

I’m certain Dr Burns is among the professors who helped fail him out of North Texas

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ken14 said:

smu or utsa…. ive heard all the trash talk in San Antonio... and the preppies in Highland Park. We are head and shoulders above those chumps...We are a great University....GMG

UNT surpasses both of those schools easily. Pony fans are stuck in the 80s thinking that they’re relevant. UTSA... well, they’re a junior college. I’ll be afraid of them when I’m afraid of UT Arlington

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

UNT surpasses both of those schools easily. Pony fans are stuck in the 80s thinking that they’re relevant. UTSA... well, they’re a junior college. I’ll be afraid of them when I’m afraid of UT Arlington

Unfortunately UTA is now bigger than UNT. How did that happen?

• Eye Roll 1