Goodbye to TheWestie

Cerebus

I just found out that @TheWestie is moving on from the DRC.  He is an NT alumni, a long time fan*, and a great photographer.   If  you have seen a Mean Green football photo in a newspaper or on the web in the last few years, there is a good chance he took it.  

Good luck on your new journey.

*During the first N.O. Bowl we had to sneak him into REDACTED because he was too young to be there.  

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I just found out that @TheWestie is moving on from the DRC.  He is an NT alumni, a long time fan*, and a great photographer.   If  you have seen a Mean Green football photo in a newspaper or on the web in the last few years, there is a good chance he took it.  

Good luck on your new journey.

*During the first N.O. Bowl we had to sneak him into REDACTED because he was too young to be there.  

say it ain't so!!!!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TheWestie said:

Wife got an awesome job in Tempe. We couldn't say no. And since @golfingomezmoved to Tennessee I wasn't tied down anymore. :)

So I'll be freelancing and driving an Uber unless the Arizona Republic decides they can't live without me. 

I've been on the sidelines for every UNT home game, except for the black jersey Dickey Finale, since the 2004 season. When I get back home I'm gonna make a count of just how many pictures I've taken in that time. No idea what it'll be but it's gonna be a big ass number.

But don't fret: My final assignment for the DRC will be a football game in Denton, at Apogee Stadium on September 3rd!

Oh at @Cerebus, that was my first and only New Orleans Bowl but the fourth overall. The "we"s in that sentence all know you are.

Hate to see you go but sounds like a good thing for y'all. See you Saturday, buddy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheWestie said:

Wife got an awesome job in Tempe. We couldn't say no. And since @golfingomezmoved to Tennessee I wasn't tied down anymore. :)

So I'll be freelancing and driving an Uber unless the Arizona Republic decides they can't live without me. 

I've been on the sidelines for every UNT home game, except for the black jersey Dickey Finale, since the 2004 season. When I get back home I'm gonna make a count of just how many pictures I've taken in that time. No idea what it'll be but it's gonna be a big ass number.

But don't fret: My final assignment for the DRC will be a football game in Denton, at Apogee Stadium on September 3rd!

Oh at @Cerebus, that was my first and only New Orleans Bowl but the fourth overall. The "we"s in that sentence all know you are.

I was bummed that i wouldn't be able to get out to any home games this year, especially considering i could always count on you stopping by the tailgate for a good five minutes before you went inside to eat with the upper class in the club area. Denton is going to miss you man, you were one of the true Mean Green fans, even if you weren't shooting the games, you would have still been there.

Good luck in Arizona!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

I was bummed that i wouldn't be able to get out to any home games this year, especially considering i could always count on you stopping by the tailgate for a good five minutes before you went inside to eat with the upper class in the club area. Denton is going to miss you man, you were one of the true Mean Green fans, even if you weren't shooting the games, you would have still been there.

Good luck in Arizona!

I had to run upstairs mostly so I could grab my seat in the photographer workroom.

I sat in the same place every season but last season, which may explain last season.

Bad juju.

5 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

We should turn this into a Favorite @TheWestie Photo thread. I know what mine is, but its a bit self-serving.

Here's one of his admitted favorites:

That's one of my favorites.

So is this

orr-for-blog1.jpg

• Upvote 3