MGB: It's time for the Get Your Rear on the Record contest

Brett Vito

13 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Sooo so so much this. 

I picked 8 wins bc we play in CUSA. Never in my furthest imagination did I think the old staff (as old in their ways as they were) would roll with Mini for as long as he did. He would've kept the train rolling had it not been that HC atrocity. That game may end up being a very disguised blessing. 

And Demarcus wasn't much better. Now you pin your hopes on what you perceive to be a fact that Morris will be much better despite throwing one pass in live FBS action the last 4 years.

Same thing, different year for you (and most others, just using you as an example). 

I get it. Everyone wants hope. And I hope you and the rest are right this time. But with 68 scholarship players, I think this year is going to be a monumental struggle.

Hopefully some young pieces to the puzzle are found to build around.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

I think we grossly overestimate the quality of our conference opponents.  They're not world beaters. 

They don't have to be world beaters to affect our results, they just have to be North Texas beaters.  We've gone 3-13 against CUSA over the last two years, so SL might need a little time to turn this thing around.

Based on 1.5 wins a year in conference play, we can expect 1 or 2 wins.  We had better expect to beat BC.   We can expect to lose to UF.  Army/SMU ... probably do good to win 1 of those.

So somewhere between 2 - 4 wins would be Meh to Good performance.  Getting to 5 would be Very Good performance.  Getting to 6 and we have to figure out how to keep SL once we got over the bowl game hangover.  

22 hours ago, Cerebus said:

They don't have to be world beaters to affect our results, they just have to be North Texas beaters.  We've gone 3-13 against CUSA over the last two years, so SL might need a little time to turn this thing around.

Based on 1.5 wins a year in conference play, we can expect 1 or 2 wins.  We had better expect to beat BC.   We can expect to lose to UF.  Army/SMU ... probably do good to win 1 of those.

So somewhere between 2 - 4 wins would be Meh to Good performance.  Getting to 5 would be Very Good performance.  Getting to 6 and we have to figure out how to keep SL once we got over the bowl game hangover.  

This.

9-3.  Because if I believed otherwise, what's the point of being a Homer?

Sat, Sep 3
vs
SMU
W
Sat, Sep 10
vs
Bethune-Cookman
W
Sat, Sep 17
@
Florida
L
Sat, Sep 24
@
Rice
W
Sat, Oct 1
vs
Middle Tennessee
L
Sat, Oct 8
vs
Marshall
W
Sat, Oct 22
@
Army
W
Sat, Oct 29
@
Texas-San Antonio
W
Sat, Nov 5
vs
Louisiana Tech
L
Sat, Nov 12
@
Western Kentucky
W
Sat, Nov 19
vs
Southern Miss
W
Sat, Nov 26
@
UTEP
W

13 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

9-3.  Because if I believed otherwise, what's the point of being a Homer?

Sat, Sep 3
vs
SMU
W
Sat, Sep 10
vs
Bethune-Cookman
W
Sat, Sep 17
@
Florida
L
Sat, Sep 24
@
Rice
W
Sat, Oct 1
vs
Middle Tennessee
L
Sat, Oct 8
vs
Marshall
W
Sat, Oct 22
@
Army
W
Sat, Oct 29
@
Texas-San Antonio
W
Sat, Nov 5
vs
Louisiana Tech
L
Sat, Nov 12
@
Western Kentucky
W
Sat, Nov 19
vs
Southern Miss
W
Sat, Nov 26
@
UTEP
W

Perfect on the road in conference?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

FYI, yesterday vs. NMSU: 31 carries 249 yards (75 long) 2 TDS, 3 rec 43 yards

good day for him.

Our conference schedule is brutal, CUSA has six guaranteed bowl tie ins this year and I think we will end up with all six bowl teams on our schedule:

MTSU, Marshall, LaTech, WKU, USM and UTEP

Not sure why we never get to play Charlotte, ODU, or the F_Us.  

47 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Our conference schedule is brutal, CUSA has six guaranteed bowl tie ins this year and I think we will end up with all six bowl teams on our schedule:

I'm sure they'll show up down the road.  You'll have to use your imagination in the mean time. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Come to think of it, you're right. I thought scheduling was arranged so that 1) we play westerns every year and, 2) we rotate all the easterns.

maybe I mistakenly took this from bball schedules.

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Come to think of it, you're right. I thought scheduling was arranged so that 1) we play westerns every year and, 2) we rotate all the easterns.

maybe I mistakenly took this from bball schedules.

That might have been the idea but all of the flux in the conference has, I think, made them keep rolling the same schedule.

I think I recall something saying the conference did this to mark time until UAB is back on the gridiron.

Edited by Army of Dad

• 3 months later...