Top 5 Texas College Football Wk. 1 Matchups

UNT Mean Green

That has to be the stupidest list I've ever seen.  SFA versus Texas Tech?  Oklahoma versus Houston #1 with UCLA and Notre Dame in the state? 

The Top Five Should Be:
(1) Notre Dame at Texas
(2) UCLA at Texas A&M
(3) Oklahoma at Houston, some sort of kickoff game the SEC didn't participate in this year...because they are already in other kickoff games.
(4) SMU at North Texas, rivalry game
(5) New Mexico State at UTEP, rivalry game

24 minutes ago, Stix said:

...and their #1 game has only one Texas team.

There isn't much to choose from after you get past ND at Texas, and UCLA at A&M.  TCU and Baylor both host FCS...same as Texas Tech. 

If you are going to put an FCS versus Texas school team in there, why SFA?  They were 4-7 last year.  South Dakota State, which visits TCU, at least made the FCS playoffs last year.  Maybe...maybe they hold TCU under 40.  No way in Dante's Frozen Hell does SFA keep Tech under 50...what a yawner.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

That has to be the stupidest list I've ever seen.  SFA versus Texas Tech?  Oklahoma versus Houston #1 with UCLA and Notre Dame in the state? 

The Top Five Should Be:
(1) Notre Dame at Texas
(2) UCLA at Texas A&M
(3) Oklahoma at Houston, some sort of kickoff game the SEC didn't participate in this year...because they are already in other kickoff games.
(4) SMU at North Texas, rivalry game
(5) New Mexico State at UTEP, rivalry game

There isn't much to choose from after you get past ND at Texas, and UCLA at A&M.  TCU and Baylor both host FCS...same as Texas Tech. 

If you are going to put an FCS versus Texas school team in there, why SFA?  They were 4-7 last year.  South Dakota State, which visits TCU, at least made the FCS playoffs last year.  Maybe...maybe they hold TCU under 40.  No way in Dante's Frozen Hell does SFA keep Tech under 50...what a yawner.

I think you're underestimating the importance of the OU vs Houston game. IMO, there's more interest in that game than UCLA vs A&M. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I think you're underestimating the importance of the OU vs Houston game. IMO, there's more interest in that game than UCLA vs A&M. 

^^ No one cares about UCLA around here unless they're beating Texas.

Houston has to demonstrate why it deserves a Big 12 spot, and send a metaphorical message to OU about wanting to keep them out (whatever that rumor was that I don't care about).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1