A few national preseason polls

untjim1995

34 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

That game was never, ever in doubt. That isn't what any sane person considers "competitive." 

Their head coach had a close, personal relationship to Canales and chose not to run up the score. He could have. 

Easily.

Expect more.

What the hell do you expect him to say? 

Good for you believing him. On a side note, I have some swamp land near Baton Rogue for sale. Interested?

Listen, I am not glorifying a 24-0 loss to anyone. I thought the team played hard in that game given our inept ability on offense last year. I want to see a team that hits people in the mouth and plays hard every snap. Give me that and I can live with the results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I just went back and watched the highlights posted by Portland State.  Man, I think you're right.  I mean, maybe MiniMac was trying, but who gives a shit?

Without throwing anyone under the bus, I will say the word through the grapevine was that this was even confirmed by the players. So...

BTW, I'm not saying this team will become bowl eligible or anything, but it really is harder than people think to be 1-11 or 11-1. You have to try to pretty hard to be that bad.  

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

We held Tennessee to 10 points under their season average. Their fans, other than a Florida loss, was about as frustrating as I have seen them after our game. Our offense put our team in so many disadvantageous situations last year it was unreal. Field position, turnovers, no pressure put on opposing offenses, etc. etc. 

That's all nice. It isn't "being competitive."

UT coulda scored 40 if they wanted. They took the foot off the gas VERY quickly. 

Here is hoping we are actually competitive in every conference game this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

I personally think this season is going to be decided on our O line. We are going to be better/experienced at nearly every position except O line, and if they can't create holes, then we will be one dimensional.

Amen. We are solid at every other position group. Thankful that we have an excellent offensive coaching staff to help overcome the deficiencies, wherever they may be.

On 8/19/2016 at 6:00 PM, cdizzle86 said:

I personally think this season is going to be decided on our O line. We are going to be better/experienced at nearly every position except O line, and if they can't create holes, then we will be one dimensional.

I agree and while we are very inexperienced, at least we have some good athletes along the line.  They need time to gell and they will be fine.  The sooner we can get are starting 6 set, the sooner this will happen.

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

Are we solid at NT? I am skeptical about the DL.

I think Hood will be the saving grace here this year. If Tauaalo can improve will will have a solid 3 man rotation at NT with Young, Tauaalo, and Hood. DL has gone from a weakness to a possible strength. Especially after reading recent camp reports of Combs improving as well and Jarrian Roberts coming back from injury

• Upvote 1